Mushroom Guide British Isles
iOS Universal Reference
The app covers 750 species, comes with 2500 carefully selected images and text written by mushroom expert Andy Overall.
This guide will help you quickly and easily identify species whether you are a mushroom enthusiast or a forager.
The images were selected with the specific aim of aiding identification and show the species in different stages and age. Loads of anatomical, ecological and taxonomic information is also included.
The mushroom guide can be used to keep a log of your fungi sightings making it easy to build a record of all the species you've found.
SUNBIRD apps appear in Countryfile's top 10, and have been described as "incredibly useful" by ITV's Seth Conway and "lovely" by Adam Vaughan of the Guardian.
To date we have sold more than half a million field guide apps worldwide! This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our professional BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. Our apps stand for high quality and user-friendliness. Also rare species are illustrated and described in detail and featured with a full species account.
Addresses the generally interested nature lover as well as the expert – with intuitive user interface and many helpful and interesting features!
The Mushroom app in detail:
- 750 species described and beautifully illustrated
- covers Great Britain and Ireland
- a simple identification key narrows species down
- text and most images taken from the book Urban Fungi by Andy Overall
- 2,520 carefully selected photos
- most advanced Compare Mode of any mushroom app
- compare up to 16 species images
- create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, name
- automatically plots every sighting on a map via GPS (editable)
- make notes to each species
- sort and display species by family, A–Z list, or Id key
- sort by edibility
- edibility colour code assigned to each mushroom
- species names in English and Latin, sequence easily changeable
*** graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering ***
This app is very well suited for keeping personalized sighting lists.
The app does not need an internet connection, all content is downloaded when the app is purchased. Don't forget to keep your app up to date.
We have further improved the app for you:
- export your mushroom sightings!
- iOS 11 and iphone X ready now
- 750 species included
- fixed an error within the dropdown menu in family list view