iOS iPad Photography
Pixelmator Photo is a photo editor unlike any other. It features a collection of nondestructive, desktop-class color adjustments. A set of gorgeous presets inspired by analog photography. A magical Repair tool to remove unwanted objects. Full support for editing RAW images. Artificial intelligence that automatically improves photos like a pro photographer. And it's designed exclusively for iPadOS, bringing the most native and intuitive editing experience imaginable.
Powerful tools for improving your photos
• Edit photos using a collection of advanced, nondestructive color adjustments, specially designed to preserve detail and naturally improve photos.
• Take advantage of full RAW support to edit high-resolution RAW photos from your DSLR camera or iPhone.
• Effortlessly remove unwanted objects using the incredible Repair tool.
• Nondestructively edit photos in your Photos library, automatically syncing every change and even favorite or delete photos right in Pixelmator Photo.
• Batch edit photos using the entire collection of editing tools available in the app.
• Crop, straighten, and correct perspective with the easy-to-use Crop tool.
• Use groundbreaking machine learning to automatically enhance photos, adjust lighting, white balance, and colors, apply presets, and even improve the composition of your photos.
• Edit completely nondestructively, resetting changes made with any tool at any time you like without affecting other edits.
Desktop-class color adjustments
• Edit photos using a collection of powerful, desktop-class color adjustments.
• Follow all the changes you make in the beautiful live histogram.
• Improve exposure, contrast, brightness, highlights, and shadows using the Lightness adjustment.
• Adjust color saturation, vibrance, and hue with Hue & Saturation.
• Improve the balance of colors in the shadows, midtones, and highlights.
• Selectively adjust individual color ranges using the Selective Color adjustment.
• Quickly improve brightness, contrast, and color by setting black, white, and grey points using the Levels adjustment.
• Use the Curves adjustment to adjust lighting and color with incredible precision.
• Mix the balance of the red, green, and blue color channels to create intense color effects in your images.
• Replace any color with any other using the Replace Color adjustment.
• Create beautiful black and whites even from your color photos.
• Use the Fade adjustment to wash out the contrasts in your photo and give it a faded look.
• Add beautiful, film-style grain with the Grain adjustment.
• Use a range of additional adjustments, like Sharpen, Color Monochrome, Sepia, and Invert to make any photo stand out.
Groundbreaking artificial intelligence
• Use ML Enhance, trained on 20 million professional photos, to automatically improve your photos like a pro photographer.
• ML Enhance automatically takes care of all the subtle improvements that go into every great shot — white balance, exposure, shadow, and highlight detail — so you can focus on adding your own creative finishing touches.
• Automatically fine-tune individual adjustments, like Lightness, White Balance, Selective Color, and Color Balance using the knowledge from the same 20-million-photo Core ML algorithm.
• Intelligently crop photos using the machine learning-powered ML Crop.
Stunning presets for film emulation, vintage looks, and more
• Quickly change the look of a photo using an extensive collection of presets inspired by different photography styles and designed for a variety of subjects.
• Create, save, and even share your own custom presets.
Designed for iPadOS 13
Pixelmator Photo is designed from the ground up for iPadOS and iPad, taking full advantage of its large display and 64-bit architecture. And it uses powerful Apple technologies like Metal, Core ML 2, and Core Image to deliver staggeringly fast performance, even when editing large RAW photos or batch editing hundreds of images at a time.
Pixelmator Photo 1.2.1 adds a few improvements and fixes.
• Pixelmator Photo should now open faster.
• When closing images, the loading indicator would sometimes appear unnecessarily or incorrectly. Fixed.
• Fixed a few issues with the layout of items in the toolbar in the most compact size in Split View.
• When changing the size of apps in Split View and having the Photos browser open, albums could be selected incorrectly. Fixed.
• It was possible to delete the Custom group of adjustment presets when it shouldn’t have been. Fixed.
• Pixelmator Photo could sometimes quit unexpectedly in certain beta versions of iOS 13.4. Fixed.
Also, just in case you missed it, here are the biggest things we added in the recently released Pixelmator Photo 1.2:
Pixelmator Photo 1.2 introduces support for editing photos using a Magic Keyboard, trackpad, or mouse, lets you work in Pixelmator Photo and any other app side by side using Split View, adds the incredible ML Match Colors, and includes a whole lot more.
• Magic Keyboard, trackpad, and mouse support brings an all-new way to edit in Pixelmator Photo.
• Use Pixelmator Photo and any other app side by side with support for Split View.
• Match the look and feel of one photo to another using the incredible, machine learning-powered ML Match Colors.
• Control the intensity of color adjustments and presets using the new intensity slider.
• Quickly apply the adjustments from your most recently edited photos using the automatically generated Recents collection of presets.
• Use the new Copy Adjustments and Paste Adjustments actions to easily copy and paste adjustments between photos.
• Share images directly from the Photos browser without having to open them.
• When capturing screenshots, you can now tap Full Page to take a screenshot of your entire photo without any interface elements.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator for iOS in general? Let us know at [email protected]!