iOS Universal Photography
Focos now supports all devices and editing of all pictures.
Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your iPhone and iPad Pro, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
"Focos has long been one of the most ambitious photo-editing apps on iOS, turning any photo into a 'portrait mode'-style image with fully adjustable depth of field, no matter what kind of camera you took it with."
- Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
- True 3D imaging.
- Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
- Import all existing photos and customize the bokeh effect.
- With the advanced technology of machine learning, it calculates the depth of field automatically for every photo.
- Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
- Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
- Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
- Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
- Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
- Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
- It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
- Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
- An essential tool for all iPhones and iPads.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.
- Added support for new iPad Pro with rear triple camera. Unfortunately, developer can't active the portrait mode on its triple camera & even the stock camera app can't do this. Worse than unfortunate is the camera interface can't access the LiDAR scanner to generate the depth map with better quality. The LiDAR only works for AR, at least now. But I'm sure the upcoming iOS 14 will change this.
- Some users don't get used to the newly designed patch tool because they cannot find the eraser. Now the continuous depth map from 1 to 0 is shown as gradient color. You can get better bokeh effect if you repair the gradient depth map. So I suggest you should choose the dark color, then paint the depth map to "erase" the foreground depth into background. That's why you can't use the eraser in Photoshop to paint the gradient map.
- Fixed a purchase bug in v2.2.1.
- The development of Focos Live goes well and the beta test will start within one month. It's a standalone app cause based on timeline. People often ask me why it took so much time for the first release. And here are the main features as answer.
1, Portrait video with bokeh effect and large aperture;
2, Focus after fact by tracking the face or object;
3, The video editor with all functions you've ever seen;
4, Unlimited Keyframes for all options;
5, Unlimited and overlay-able layers;
6, Standalone sound editor;
7, Custom filters from 3DL or CUBE presets.
Enjoy using Focos and support us by leaving your review for the features of each update to help us make it better.