Transit • Subway & Bus Times
iOS iPhone Navigation
"Gives you the best route to where you want to go" - New York Times
“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
Bye, cash! Cya, precious metals! Sayanora, pocket lint! Auf wiedersehen, penny fungus! We’re bringing cash-free MoBiLe PaYmEnT$ to more and more systems today, including…
Public transit purchases, within Transit:
- The COMET (Columbia, SC)
- 380 Express (Iowa City, IA)
- Simi Valley Transit (Simi Valley, CA)
- Clallam Transit (Port Angeles, WA)
- Kern Transit (Kern County, CA)
- Bong Joon-ho’s Snowpiercer train (now you’re paying attention)
- Kingsport Area Transit Service (Kingsport, TN)
- NECALG (Sterling, CO)
- York Region Transit (Ontario, Canada)
- Redwood Coast Transit Authority (Del Norte County, CA)
- Transpo (South Bend, IN — you’re welcome, Buttigieg.)
- You can now purchase passes and unlock bikes for RTC Bike Share (Las Vegas, NV) right inside Transit — because we both know that *real* sharks keep their stack intact with a leg-loosening post-game peloton home. Save the tacky limos for the poker whales at Caesar’s ;)
- Midway between a bus and a taxi, you can hail/pay for a shuttle within Transit that picks you up close to your place, and drops you off at the bus or train stop
- Today our newest agency microtransit services go live: for UTA in Salt Lake City, UT and ETS in Edmonton, Alberta!
Welp that’s it. Whoever said “cash is king” probably also thought Julius Caesar was going to have a happy ending. Let us know if you want mobile payments in your city on Twitter @transitapp (and tag your agency!) That’s it from us. Rate us five stars if cash used to rule everything around you. Dolla dolla bills RIP.
PS: We’re hiring! Know someone? We’re looking to add a transit data specialist, a data scientist, an iOS developer, a web developer, and a head of finance (Mr./Mrs. Moneybags) to our team. Apply at transitapp.com/jobs