Transit • Subway & Bus Times
iOS iPhone Navigation
"Gives you the best route to where you want to go" - New York Times
“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
HELLLOOOO LOS ANGELES!!!!!
We were just picked to be the official app of LA Metro. How cool is that??? (Answer: definitely cooler than the hot pepper pizza in our 5000°F industrial oven.)
Being LA Metro’s official app means that more Angelenos will get to enjoy the perks of Transit’s green mobility machine: better data, more seamless multimodal connections, and faster implementation of new Transit features (like station entrances, which are already live for LA’s Metro Rail.)
Together, we’ll do LA proud, making sustainable transport more accessible, legitimately fun, and help take cars off the road in the car capital of ze world.
And if that wasn’t enough — we were also picked to be the official app of RideKC in Kansas City! Two bits of very good news, in what has been an otherwise very crazy last two months...
Now, as more of you return to public transit (and it’s okay if that’s going to take a while!) we’re coding up a ten-finger frenzy, trying to make Transit perfect. And you know what that means… (New features? Yes. But also… BUG FIXES!)
- New feature 1: you can now buy bus tickets in Transit for GET Bus in Bakersfield, CA!
- New feature 2: walking directions are now available for super short trips. (Instead of just saying: “your destination is 2 minutes away” without giving any directions, we now show you where to go.)
- Bug fix 1: why were random distant transit agencies appearing on your settings page??? (The transit agency in Burlington, VT is now no longer visible in Montreal. Bernie Sanders, we’re very sorry.)
- Bug fixes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6: barely noticeable. Except to us.
There’s nothing more to say, for now. Other than: we love you. (In lieu of a postcard, please send your hellos in five-star form. Your reviews always make our day.)
Oh PS! Say hi on twitter @transitapp