Modal Buddy - Guitar Jam Tool, Scales & Modes Theory Trainer
iOS iPhone Music
Modal Buddy for guitar is a fun and unique practice tool that teaches you modal theory in one day.
It's also a jam tool that provides looping backing tracks, scale charts, and let's you explore the anatomy of modal scales.
Now you (and your students) can conquer modes quickly and spend more time soloing!
“I’m a music teacher with 25+ years exp… Every musician should have a working knowledge of modes and this app is concise, linear, and very well done.” - Rich in Jax, Customer, USA
“Modes are somewhat confusing at first and without the right guidance can be tricky. This app makes it easy. As a teacher myself I will be showing students this cool little practice app.” - DannyK6, Customer, USA
“A revolutionary interactive modal practice tool.” - Paul Riario, Guitar World Magazine
Modal Buddy arms guitarists and instructors with an intuitive, step-by-step method for teaching and practicing modal theory, improving proficiency and bolstering the value of lessons. It empowers you with a fun and efficient vehicle for exploring the truly magical yet notoriously complicated world of musical modes.
- Checklist-style theory section for lightweight, structured learning
- Audio examples (with solos)
- Backing tracks to practice all seven modes
- Zoomable scale charts
- Practice examples
- Revolutionary jam tool
- Beautiful, intuitive design
Q: WHO IS THIS APP FOR?
1) Music instructors with a BASIC understanding of modal theory who want to increase their confidence and effectiveness in teaching this fairly complex topic.
2) Music instructors with a COMPLETE understanding of modal theory who are looking for an easier, more consolidated approach to teaching and practicing the material with students.
3) Intermediate to advanced music students who are proficient in pentatonic and major scales and are interested in achieving more expressive guitar improvisation / melody creation.
Q: MODAL THEORY LITERATURE IS AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE - WHY BUY THIS APP?
The breadth of freely available information about modal theory is the main reason it’s so difficult to learn (and teach) - there is simply too much out there, and much of it is poorly written or incorrect; a recipe for confusion! Teaching modal theory effectively requires a distillation and simplification of core concepts, organized strategically so they're easy for students to learn - and a method for applying those skills during lessons.
For less than the cost of an average theory book, we've consolidated and organized modal theory into it's finest form, and hand-crafted a completely custom experience, ideal for mastering the material. We know you and your students will love our approach!
Feel free to send any questions to [email protected]
Fixed charts in Chapter 3 (F > F#)
Thanks D. Khmyznikov for finding this!