Poisoning and Drug Overdose
iOS Universal Medical
Poisoning & Drug Overdose, Sixth Edition is enhanced by numerous tables, charts, and a comprehensive index featuring generic, chemical, and brand names, making it an essential resource for anyone responding to drug-related emergencies and chemical exposures.
Divided into four distinct sections for quick access:
Section I covers initial emergency management, including treatment of complications; physical and laboratory diagnosis; and decontamination and enhanced elimination procedures
Section II provides detailed information on 150 common drugs and poisons
Section III describes the use of antidotes and therapeutic drugs to treat poisoning
Section IV describes the medical management of chemical and occupational exposures, with a table of more than 500 industrial chemicals
“Poisoning & Drug Overdose belongs in every emergency physician’s workroom.” - Academic Emergency Medicine reviewing earlier edition
“…a great addition to any emergency department library when rapid reference is needed to treat and diagnose the poisoned patient.” - Annals of Emergency Medicine
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.