Mac OS Utilities
PopClip appears when you select text with your mouse on your Mac. Instantly access context-specific actions including copy and paste, plus extensions like Send to Evernote. If you select text containing a URL, email address or file path, PopClip can open it. Select a misspelled word, and PopClip offers corrections. Select any text to do a web search with those terms, or select a single word to get the dictionary definition.
More than 100 free extensions are available, including Paste and Match Style, Translate, Send to Evernote, Word Count, Capitalize and much, much more. See http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/extensions.
Please note: PopClip works in most Mac apps, but not in all. For an up-to-date list of known incompatible apps, see http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/apps
"PopClip has achieved near perfect integration with Mac OS X and seems like a default feature of the operating system. For that alone, it is worth its asking price." — The Next Web
"an awesome new utility from Pilotmoon that makes the copy & paste function on your Mac look just like the copy & paste function on your iPhone" — Cult of Mac
"If you love the tap and copy functionality of iOS and want it on your home computer, PopClip is a simple app that adds similar functionality" — lifehacker
"an essential part of my workflow ... 10/10" — Mac.AppStorm
"I think even Mac traditionalists might be tempted." — Dan Frakes, MacWorld
"I'm buying it right now." — Leo Laporte, MacBreak Weekly
- PopClip is now a Universal app, for both Intel and Apple Silicon / M1 chip.
- PopClip can now request Reminders access on behalf of extensions. This allows for a new Reminders extension.
- Fix: Appearing when double-clicking on videos, etc. in web pages.
- Fix: Not appearing when selecting italic text in Microsoft Word.
- Fix (on Big Sur): Prefs menu not appearing, or appearing in the wrong place, when PopClip's menu bar icon is hidden.
- Fix (on Sierra and High Sierra): Graphical glitches in PopClip prefs.
- Improved compatibility with Evernote 10. (Please note: the Evernote PopClip extension still does not work with Evernote 10, due to Evernote 10 not supporting AppleScript.)