FineReader OCR Pro
Mac OS Productivity
Easily turn documents of virtually any origin into information you can edit, quote, archive, search or share! ABBYY FineReader Pro complements the hassle-free efficiency of your computer by transforming paper documents, PDFs and digital photos of text into editable and searchable files. Say goodbye to time-consuming retyping and reformatting of documents – FineReader’s unmatched text recognition accuracy, language coverage and conversion features retain your original’s text, layout and formatting. It’s OCR the easy way – just as it should be!
"FineReader Pros' OCR engine outclasses anything else available, and its overall design is clean, efficient, and fast. It's our no-contest Editors' Choice for OCR under OS X."
With just a few clicks you can:
- Update documents with text corrections, date changes, modified conditions, links to other documents and more
- Instantly pull quotes from text and extract data
- Create searchable PDF files for archiving and sharing
- Make documents accessible for text-to-voice and more
KEY PRODUCTIVITY FEATURES:
- Scans and converts documents and images into a wide variety of popular electronic formats including: DOCX, ODT, RTF, XSLX, PDF and PDF/A, PPTX, HTML, EPUB and FB2
- Automates conversion tasks, processes batches of documents, and provides the ability to schedule OCR processing with the help of newly added Automator actions and AppleScript commands support;
- Accurately reconstructs document structure, layout and formatting across multiple pages – including headers/footers, footnotes, table of contents, page numbering, captions, etc.
- Creates editable, searchable and secure PDFs that are perfect for archiving and sharing
- Creates e-books in EPUB and FB2 formats for tablets and portable readers
- Performs image and photo pre-processing using ABBYY’s Advanced Digital Camera OCR technology
- Applies advanced OCR features to complex conversion tasks
YOUR ADVANTAGES WITH ABBYY OCR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDE:
- Professional OCR results with up to 99.8% character recognition accuracy
- Widest language support in the industry: 189 recognition languages (including Asian languages) in any combination of languages
- Multi-channel document input enables you to scan paper documents for processing or convert scanned images, PDFs and digital photos of text
- User-friendly interface with pre-defined Quick Tasks makes using FineReader easy and intuitive and provides Section 508 compliancy
* According to internal ABBYY testing. Accuracy and formatting results can vary depending on factors such as document quality and scanner settings.
Bugfix. Searchable PDFs created with FineReader 12.1.13 on macOS 10.15 were displayed as image-only in Preview.