Pocket Run Pool
iOS Universal Games
The return of arcade pool from the creator of Really Bad Chess and Flipflop Solitaire.
Pocket-Run Pool combines 8-ball pool with the thrill of a chasing the perfect highscore.
In Pocket-Run, your goal is to sink all the balls, but where and when you sink them is what matters most!
With each pocketed ball, you're awarded points based on the pocket you sunk. So sink carefully, but watch out, with each miss or scratch you lose a life — run out before you finish the table and it's game over.
Compete against yourself, the world, or the bank in a variety of thrilling game modes!
Can you make the perfect pocket-run?
Arcade pool is back!
------WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING
5/5 - Touch Arcade
"Help me, I can't stop playing!"
5/5 - 148Apps
"Most certainly the best pool game I've played on a phone"
"Like the best arcade games, this creates a “just one more turn” mentality" - The Verge
"a perfect little mobile game" - iMore.com
------WHATS IN THE “BOX”?
- Play Pocket-Run Pool's Standard, High Stakes, and Insta-Tournament modes for free!
- Asynchronously Go for gold against players from around the world in Insta-Tournament mode
- Manage your risk against all manner of game conditions (like the devious Cuewall) in High Stakes mode
- Unlock Break of The Week, alternate backgrounds, and remove Insta-Tournament buy-ins with a single In-App-Purchase of just $3.99
- Track stats for all four modes
- Win alternate pool cues and color schemes in High Stakes mode
------A WORD FROM THE DEVELOPER
I've always loved pool, and when I got my first iPhone years ago, the world of digital pool games opened up to me.
There are certainly a lot of options out there, but finding a simple and enjoyable single-player pool game was harder than I expected. I found one that I enjoyed, but after playing it extensively I found it too easy to beat the computer every time. Suddenly the problem with pool hit me — when you play against a computer in a physics simulation, you're literally playing against a god... By which I mean, either the computer is going easy on you (for a reason), or it's playing a perfect game and taking all your money.
It dawned on me that if I wanted a good single player pool game, I'd have to make a new kind of pool — a variant that doesn't need a computer opponent, that's built around the notion of scoring and improving, of taking risks, and of presenting unique and interesting challenges.
Pocket-Run Pool is the game I came up with, I hope you enjoy it!
- fixed a bug where turns would not always end
TouchArcade —'Pocket Run Pool' Review - Help Me, I Can't Stop Playing
148Apps —Pocket Run Pool review