This app was removed from the App Store.
WRAL Weather Alert
iOS iPhone Weather
Receive critical weather alerts via voice and push notifications on your iPhone from your trusted weather source -- WRAL and Chief Meteorologist Greg Fishel. Your smartphone will “wake up” with alerts and also track your location to warn you wherever you go. Listen to local weather forecasts while you are on the move. Enjoy the power of a NOAA Weather Radio, with all the convenience and precision of a smart phone.
For free, users will get push notifications for their "current" and one static location. Users may choose to buy additional locations for $.99 a piece.
• Precise Alerts: The app provides very precise alerts. Most services will alert you to severe weather if you are in a county only partially covered by a watch or warning, even if you are not actually directly within the watch/warning. This app ensures you receive an alert only if your device or saved locations fall inside a watch/warning box. That means you aren’t disturbed by alarms not relevant to your location.
• Control: You also have complete control over what types of alerts you receive through your app. Pick just the type of alerts you want from a list. For example, select only tornado warnings or just winter weather warnings.
• Follow Me: Follow me is a critical feature if you are on the go. This app will alert you if you are driving in an area when a watch/warning is issued, without you having to do anything. You don’t have to stop and add a new location or query your device. The app does not need to be running.
• Battery Management: This app uses iOS Location Services to strike a balance between location accuracy and battery usage. Background tracking will have some effect on overall battery life. You can control how much accuracy you want the application to use for your location and thus impact the battery management. You may turn off background tracking for battery conservation in the app settings.
• Audio: This app provides audio alerts in the form of beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type. The audio could wake you in the middle of the night, or give you information you need when you can’t stop to look at the phone. Furthermore, you can listen to the alerts and forecasts for your area at any time.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
-Improvements in audio play back