The Weather Channel - local forecasts, radar maps, storm tracking, and rain alerts - weather.com
iOS iPhone Weather
Make confident decisions based on the most accurate, precise forecast available. Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Forecasts: Hourly, 15-day and weekend forecasts.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” weather, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
PRECISE PUSH ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
• Rain and Snow Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with these real-time alerts for your precise GPS location.
It’s easy and free! Unlock these alerts by going to your in-app settings and selecting sign-up.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Morning Show: Watch “The Lift,” a 6-minute show that’s exclusive to your app. Join Al Roker, Domenica Davis, and Ari Sarsalari as they cover breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m.
• Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather.
• Seasonal Tools: Use our pollen counts to help plan your outdoor activities.
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Hurricane Central: Track tropical storms and hurricanes, get the latest breaking news and public advisories, read safety tips, and more!
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Apple “Quick Actions:” On 3D touch supported devices (iPhone 6s and iPhone6+), press deeply on The Weather Channel App icon from your home screen, and you’ll see a fun surprise!
mPLUS: Like earning free stuff? Us too! That's why we integrated mPLUS. To activate your account and start earning cool prizes, click the gift box icon at the top of our App. If you’re not interested, you can disable this feature in the app menu.
Many of your favorite features are also available on Apple Watch, including our precise rain and lightning alerts.
Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
Watch Complications: To activate the new watch face Complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
We love that our sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free but, for those of you who want an ad-free version, it is here! For a $3.99 in-app purchase, you get 1 year of The Weather Channel app without ads. Go to your settings menu to purchase.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
• Bug fixes in this release will address the top three reasons our app crashes. If you're still seeing crashes after this update, please let us know at email@example.com.
• Did you know that hurricane season is from June 1st - Nov. 30th, when 97% of Atlantic tropical cyclone activity occurs? As the 2016 season kicks off, we’ll turn on Hurricane Central so you can stay informed of all tropical activities.
If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store! As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.