My Hurricane Tracker & Alerts
iOS Universal Weather
My Hurricane Tracker gives you the most comprehensive tools for tracking tornados, cyclones, tropical storms and weather warnings available. In a beautiful interface, you won't be overwhelmed with cluttered screens like you might with other apps. We give you exactly what you need in an easy to understand way.
- Interactive tracking maps for each hurricane.
- NOAA forecast map & storm satellite imagery where available!
- Historic search of previous storms from 1851 (or 1949 for Pacific).
- Receive weather warnings from the National Weather Service.
- Push notifications for weather warnings or new storm formations!
- Radar, satellite and sea temperature images automatically updated in the app!
- See an outlook for the next 5 days from the NOAA.
- Track specific hurricanes and receive notifications every time they are updated just by pressing the "+" button!
This version is ad-supported. It is similar to apps such as Hurricane Tracker, Hurricane Pro and Storm by Weather Underground.
There is a new optional feature to ensure that you always receive notifications about hurricanes and tornadoes near to you. By granting the “Always on” permission, the app will periodically obtain your location in a battery-efficient manner so that you will always be notified correctly.
If you choose to disable this, the app will work as before - it will obtain your location when you open the app and will not know if you have moved until you open the app again.
There are also several small design improvements for iPad in this release.