Timer is your perfect companion for board games, sport workouts, cooking, zen meditation or whatever activity that needs a precision and powerful timer.
It can be used for long or short time delays, defined in hours/minutes and SECONDS.
This Timer can trigger notifications while in background, it is Retina Display compatible, and it is a Universal Binary.
Unlike the build-in iPhone timer, the following useful functionalities are added :
- 3 complex timers with time scheduled events can be used at the same time.
- The time can be defined with a seconds precision.
- The timer can be paused and resumed.
- The timer can be looped forever or for a specific number (the number of loops being displayed).
- Elapsed or remaining time can be either displayed. Various display modes are available (including textual or graphical ones).
- Current time can also be displayed
- The time is displayed in fullscreen, in the biggest possible way. Two different areas can be customized.
- The timer start can be delayed, allowing to have a short preparation time before the timer is automatically started.
- The stop time can be entered as a relative duration or as an absolute hour value.
- Portrait and Landscape visualization modes are handled in all application screens.
- The timer can be used when silence is needed (thanks to a flashing screen, vibrations and a dimmed display).
- When the timer ends, different actions can be performed (popup display, screen flashing, alarm sound, looping alarm sound, vibration)
- Events inside and outside the application (in background) can be defined separately.
- When the timer is done, the time is still displayed, allowing to know since how long the timer elapsed.
- The screen can be locked, keeping the timer visible, in order to avoid pressing accidentally the buttons.
- Different dedicated alarm sounds can be used (Bell, Cooking timer, Watch, Gong, Danger, Lama Bell...)
- Custom musics/sounds can be selected from the iPod library to be used as internal alarms. The iPod music can also be stopped.
- Shepard tones can also be used : those tones creates the auditory illusion of a tone that continually ascends or descends in pitch.
- Possibility to define multiple special events that will be triggered when the timer is running.
Sounds, vibrations (if supported), messages and more actions can be triggered at any time thanks to a complex time scheduling system (that can be easily previewed).
Here are some events you'll be able to create (and combine) :
"Play a Gong sound 30 seconds before end"
"Every 10 seconds during 1 minute, produce a sound with an increasing pitch"
"Play a tic tac sound every seconds"
"Once One-half the time is elapsed, play an iPod song and show a custom message on the screen"
"While in background, plays a Tibetan bell sound 4 times until 6PM"
For the frequent users of Timer, an in-app purchase allows to unlock a premium mode.
This mode adds the following improved features :
- View and run up to 9 timers at the same time (instead of only 3)
- Load, save, import and export your settings, allowing you to share and have multiple configurations ready to be used.
- Add custom sounds or record them directly. Use them as audio alerts when the application is opened. Play a random iPod song.
- Create special actions to automatically take pictures at given times. Use the flashlight as a visual alert.
- Customize the look of the application to your taste.
- Global: Fixes the potential bug in the 5.1 version. You can now upgrade safely.
- Global: As requested by Apple : replace the unlock mechanism (which is forbidden to use) by a button based one (a slide gesture can still be performed to press the 3 buttons)
And from Version 5.1 :
- Action - New: "pause timer" action, to automatically pause the timer at a specific time.
- Display - Change: Increased main time display area on iPad and iPhone5.
- Display - New: Big rectangle shaped progress bar, as main display mode.
- Display - Bugfix: Avoid the message on top to change once the timer is elapsed.
- Sounds-iPod - Bugfix: Improved iPod songs save/restore.
- Sounds-iPod - New: For premium users, "Random iPod music in playlist" alarm action to play a random music in a specified playlist.
- Main - New: timer:// URL scheme support to launch the app externally and to start/stop/pause/resume/lock/unlock/show the different timers. Support of the x-success parameter from x-callback-url, to go back to the source app. (more info in the FAQ in Timer web page)
- Main - New: A log file (containing the configuration, and the preview) can be saved in an email from the preview screen (so you can keep track of your different modifications)
- Presets - New: For premium users, the configuration is now also displayed in plain text in the export mail of a preset.
- Small fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 26, 2013
- Francis Bonnin
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (11)
- 31.4 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Background Timer
• Color Blind Clock
• Earth Puzzle - a spherical puzzle game in 3D
• Illusion Clock
• Live Artist
• Mu Games - Puzzle, Memory and Fifteen with unlimited Flickr images
• Subliminal Video
• Video 2 Photo - extract still pictures from movies
• Video Audio Remover
• Video Crop & Zoom
• Video Rotate & Flip