iOS Universal Utilities
ShopCalc is a calculator specifically designed for the handyman, woodworker or D.I.Y. enthusiast. With ShopCalc you enter and work with feet, inches and millimeters. Add, subtract, multiply and divide your measurements without worrying about converting them to another format. If you work in inches then do your calculations in inches. The Fraction buttons make it quick and easy to input fractional inches. All your calculations are recorded to ShopCalc's HTML tape display. You can add your own notes and email the tape. Great for recording measurements or tracking your work. Since you can change units at anytime ShopCalc is also a handy Metric/SAE converter, inches to feet converter, or fractional to decimal inches converter.
• Enter values as inches, feet and inches, or millimeters
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide values
• Convert units at anytime
• Enter inches as fractions or decimals
• Convert inches to feet or vice versa
• All calculations recorded to the tape display
• Add your own notes to the tape display
• Rounding feature let's you select a more reasonable value such as 3/4 when the result was 47/64
• Email the tape display at any time
• Memory functions (add,subtract, clear, recall)
• Board foot conversion
• Delete key to correct mis-entered values
• "Trace Increments": - this feature prints the values needed to divide a board and makes laying out the cuts on a board a snap.
• Kerf - You can specify the kerf created by your saw and this value will be factored in when dividing a board.
This is a long overdue update that brings ShopCalc several major iOS version updates forward and improves compatibility with recent devices. There are a few improvements to the user interface but the feature set is essentially unchanged. If there are features you just have to have please let us know. With our codebase now all spruced up we're feeling inspired.