Onion Browser is a Tor-powered web browser that helps you access the internet with more privacy.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, & others.
• Internet access tunneled over the Tor network:
- Websites do not see your real IP address.
- ISPs and insecure wireless networks cannot see your browsing.
- Access .onion websites: anonymous "hidden service" sites only accessible through Tor.
- Can access websites, even behind some types of internet filters and censors. (See DISCLAIMERS below.)
• Fight online tracking: use a new IP address and clear your cookies/history/cache in one button.
• Block third party cookies or all cookies.
• Disable scripts and multimedia content that can be used to track you.
Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser due to relaying through the Tor anonymization network.
Multimedia can bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are not supported and are blocked by default.
Onion Browser does not function in China, Iran, and other locations that actively block Tor with "deep packet inspection" technology. Internet providers who use such filtering/censorship technology may also prevent Onion Browser from working. If you find that the app does not work, visit the Help/Support page to see what you can do.
Onion Browser is open-source software and relies on other projects including The Tor Project and OpenSSL. Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device. More information is always available at onionbrowser.com
* Fixed: Bridges with 5-digit port numbers were not being allowed in bridge configuration.
* Improve connection error handling and alert user if Tor client has stopped working.
* Tor updated to 0.2.6.4-rc.
* OpenSSL updated to 1.0.2.
* Libevent updated to 2.0.22-stable.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 17, 2015
- Mike Tigas
- 6.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (6)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (605)