Scany - network scanner
Keep an eye on your network with Scany - a powerful multifunctional instrument for finding connected devices, looking up detailed device information, network troubleshooting, scanning ports, testing network security and firewalls.
Easy and user-friendly interface allows even the inexperienced user to get a profound and understandable overview of a network and the running services.
Want to know which devices are connected to your network, which services they provide and whether someone has been using your Wi-Fi without your knowledge? Scany will answer all these questions and many more!
The great thing about Scany is that it offers lots of useful tools in addition to its primary feature of scanning your Wi-Fi, LAN or any other network and providing detailed information about any device connected to it, its domain and network names, addresses and vendor. Scany also includes a whole set of networking utilities - ping, traceroute, remote wake (WOL), Whois, Geo IP and shows information about active network connections along with the external IP address of your router.
Scany is very simple in use. Just type in the domain name of a web site, the IP address of a server or any other networking device and Scany will do everything possible to get the maximum of detailed information about it. It will scan for open ports and running services, detect the hardware manufacturer and all network names assigned to the device, network address range, round trip time and will also provide an easy access to the Whois database for all device’s domain names and IP addresses.
To scan the network and find the devices connected to it you only need to type in the starting and the ending IP addresses that are automatically detected in case of scanning the current Wi-Fi or LAN network address range.
Implementing special scanning techniques Scany FINDS EVEN HIDDEN networking DEVICES on a Wi-Fi or a LAN, whose owners do not want to advertise their presence for various reasons and hide, for example, behind a firewall. Check if someone is using your Wi-Fi, office or home network without your permission and catch the intruder!
- Scan both LAN and the Internet
- Scan any IP address or network range
- Bonjour hostnames lookup
- Windows hostnames lookup (NetBIOS, Samba)
- Device names lookup (UPnP, SSDP, DLNA)
- Country of origin detection of the network owner
- Network range and AS number lookup
- MAC address and hardware vendor lookup
- Wake on LAN or Wi-Fi (by MAC address)
- Wake over the Internet (using proper routers)
- Ping/Trace hosts with integrated tools
- WHOIS hostnames, IP addresses, ASNs
- Know Wi-Fi, VPN, cellular and external IPs
- Group results into multiple histories
- E-mail scan results
- Predefined services for your convenience
- Possibility to add custom services
- Checks ICMP, TCP and UDP
- Ultrafast asynchronous network I/O
MORE COOL APPS
· Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
- UI facelift for iOS 7 and new app icon
- Improved support for iOS 7.0+ and 6.1+
- Updated IP to country database (GeoIP)
- Updated vendors database (OUI)
- Fixed a critical crush from v. 1.9.5
- Fixed a crash rarely arising during parsing DNS packets
- Fixed a crash that could be because of a big database
- On iOS 7+ the local device MAC-address won't appear (protected by iOS)
- Minor UI tweaks (fixed layouts, alignments)
- Minor bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 6 days ago
- Pavel Ahafonau
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (53)
- 5.9 MB