iOS Universal Utilities
eKeypad transforms your iOS device into a mobile controller for the Elk M1, Elk EZ8 or Ness M1 security and automation panel. Easily access and control your system at home or while on the go.
Did you arm your alarm system before you left?
Did the garage door close when you left?
Want to unlock the door to let a friend in?
With support for security systems and home automation control plus add-ons for video surveillance and multiple locations the options available with eKeypad are almost limitless.
eKeypad even supports fully customizable graphical interfaces using an iPad and the optional blueprint module. Turn a simple floor plan into an interactive whole house controller. Unlimited screens allow you the flexibility to create an interface that is best for you.
Equipment supported by eKeypad M1 (does not include add-on modules):
Alarm Systems: Elk M1, Elk EZ8 and Ness M1
Automation Systems: Elk M1, Elk EZ8, and Ness M1
Supported Lighting Technologies:INSTEON, X-10, Z-Wave, UPB, ViziaRF, Clipsal, ONQ-ALC, Centralite, Radio RA and C-Bus
Thermostats: RCS, HAI, all Z-wave thermostats and Aprilaire
eKeypad Platform Features:
- No 3rd party servers or services required
- No additional fees or services are required
- One license supports all devices: iPhone, iTouch and iPad
- Universal application optimized for all platforms
- Configure any combination of supported equipment
- Both dedicated or consolidated modes for multiple systems
- Direct connections made to all devices to improve reliability
- Security features to safeguard your system data and access
- Configuration backup, restore and sharing via Wifi and email
- Secure access for Cellular and even faster access via Wifi
- Advanced management features for professional installers
- Multi-system Module for control of unlimited systems
- Custom screens with the Blueprint Module (iPad Only)
- Co-branding to customize the look of the GUI
- IP Camera, DVR and NVR viewing and PTZ control
- Universal Devices ISY automation controller support
Supported equipment through add-on modules:
Automation Systems: Universal Devices ISY-99i, Universal Devices ISY-994i, and Universal Devices ISY-944i Z
Lighting Technologies:INSTEON, X-10, Z-Wave, UPB, ViziaRF, Clipsal, ONQ-ALC, Centralite, Radio RA, Radio RA2, Zigbee and C-Bus
Thermostats: Venstar, RCS, HAI, all Z-wave thermostats and Aprilaire
IP Video Cameras Devices: Yoko Tech, Night Owl, Averfocus, HAI, Axis, Mobotix, Ness, Razberi Technologies, GrandStream, Sony, Dedicated Micros, IQinVision, Visualint, TRENDnet, Vitek, Wansview, ACTi, Channel Vision, Panasonic, Linksys, Level One, Sharx Security, Samsung, Wirepath, NetMedia, Asoni, D-Link, Wowwee, Y-Cam, GVI Security, Hunt, VisionTech, Toshiba, Bosch, Ubiquiti, Canon, Digital Watchdog, GeoVision, SMARTHOME, Foscam, Basler, Brickcom, Dahua, Vivotek, Etrovision, EverFocus, Hikvision, IC Realtime, Arecont, LTS
Network DVRs and NVRs: Digital Watchdog, Razberi Technologies, Ness, Everfocus, Dedicated Micros, Wirepath, GVI Security, Hikvision, Night Owl, Yoko Tech, Visualint and LTS
- Performance optimizations
- Bug fixes for popup messages and lock screen rotation
- Miscellaneous improvements and fixes
- Performance optimizations for ISY controllers**
- Bug fix for inability to control Z-Wave locks through ISY controllers**
- Added support for ISY version 4.3.x firmware releases**
- Added ability to clone Blueprint custom screens**
- Added new static image item for Blueprint screens**
- Enhancement to text label item clarity on Blueprint screens**
- Enhancements to digital clock item clarity on Blueprint screens**
- Added option to display digital clock on Blueprints as a single line**
** The Blueprint and ISY modules are optional add-ons. The Blueprint module only applies to the iPad.
We appreciate your support of eKeypad and value your feedback. Please let us know of any issues you encounter or enhancements you would like to see. You can always reach us directly from the support screen located at the bottom of the config screen..
Version 2.20.x series
This update brings a large number of visual and usability enhancements, modernization of eKeypad source.
On iPhones and iTouches a new, optional screen layout is available using a side menu instead of the TabBar interface. A configuration setting under ‘Advanced Settings’ and a restart allows switching between the two interfaces.
Internally all third party libraries have been updated to newer versions, higher resolution graphics have been added throughout and eKeypad is now a fully 64 bit application. Device drivers now adapt better to equipment SSL restrictions. Access control pass code restrictions automatically support Touch ID when available and configured.
Customization features now allow the Blueprint mode to be disabled and the favorites screen to be hidden. The 'Allow Edits' feature also now has expanded functionality to help simplify usage of eKeypad. Once setup, disabling edits will simplify the interface throughout the application; editing will be disallowed everywhere and capability detail screens will only show control elements (most information and customization items will be hidden).
The editing of Blueprint screens has been improved in several areas to make creating custom interfaces easier and more flexible. Custom icons can now be created with multiple images that mirror state changes of the elements they are used with. Icons can now be dragged and dropped on screen thumbnails to move them to other screens. A floating, movable edit control panel has been added to simplify common icon adjustments. Text labels and digital clocks can now be enlarged without causing blurring. Static images can now be added as standalone item.