Measure the sound of your life. Then share it.
dB turns your iOS device into a simple sound level meter. With it, you can tag the moments of your life -- the big game, standing on a mountain peak, or your best friend's wedding -- in a unique, new way. Getting started is as simple as tapping the app icon in the Home Screen to launch the app. Easily tag your moment with the current sound level, and share it with your friends and family, or the world, via email or Twitter.
dB provides default sensitivities for the built-in and headset microphones.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod touch audio I/O compatibility and frequency response measurements, visit http://blog.FaberAcoustical.com.
For microphone calibration, as well as time and frequency weighting options, check out SoundMeter or SignalScope Pro.
- Measure average, max, and peak sound levels (dB employs standard fast time-exponential weighting and no frequency weighting).
- Share your dB's via photos, graphs, email, or Twitter.
- dB can measure peak sound levels of up to approximately 130 dB (peak levels are device/microphone dependent).
NOTE: dB has not been shown to meet ANSI or IEC standards for sound level meters.
- Toolbars are now a dark blue in the black color scheme to make it easier to view the app in dark environments.
- Nominal input sensitivities have been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 14, 2014
- Faber Acoustical, LLC
- 3.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.00 (46)