Burner - Free Phone Number for Private Texts, Calls, and Pictures
iOS iPhone Utilities
Burner is your “other” number – your work number, Craigslist number, Etsy number or dating number – the one to give out when you need to be in touch, but want the option to disconnect.
Named a TIME Magazine Top 50 App of 2013 and featured in the New York Times, Wired, Engadget, BoingBoing, Lifehacker, and more.
*** BURNER CONNECTIONS ***
Burner Connections is a revolutionary platform that connects your phone number directly with apps you love, like Dropbox, Slack,and Evernote. Do things that were never possible with phone numbers before: automatically save picture messages and voicemails to Dropbox; route messages to your team on Slack; share audio content to Soundcloud; build an Evernote-powered SMS-bot; and more.
*** NEW Google and Slack integrations ***
Our new Google integration gives Burner users a brand-new ability to archive and log text messages and contacts to Google Sheets in real time, fulfilling a popular feature request. Our improved “Slack 2.0” integration gives Burner users more control over how teams can use Burner from within Slack, as well as a brand-new ability to connect Burner to Slack on a private basis, effectively acting as a desktop client for Burner and a way to “phone-enable Slack”.
Use Burner for everyday situations – web forms, deliveries, salespeople, and buying things on the web – just like any other phone number. Get all the features you need to stay in touch including calls, texts, and picture messages. Create multiple Burners, keep them as long as you want, and burn them anytime – no hassles and no contracts.
Share your Burner with anyone and everyone – and keep your real number private.
What our users are saying:
"It’s so simple to use for texts and calls. You won’t be disappointed!"
"Best all time app…hands down."
"You guys this app is amazing! Perfect and original, especially if you don't want strangers to have your real number. A+++++"
Burner is free to download and free to try. Additional time and numbers are available by in-app purchase or subscription. No hassles; no carrier contracts.
Download our app and get your first Burner for free for a trial period.
* Burner Premium subscriptions:
- $4.99/month auto-renewing Burner Premium subscription enables 1 Burner line with unlimited calls, texts, and picture messages for one month
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
IMPORTANT: Phone calls use cell phone minutes. Burners are free for a trial period only -- please review our pricing before purchasing. Area code availability varies. May not work with SMS shortcode services. Not for 911 emergency services. Works in US and Canada only. Not available in Puerto Rico.
Version 3.3.1 of Burner is packed with new features and enhancements.
First, we bring you GHOSTBOT, a new connection for online daters that generates automatic, non-committal text replies for selected contacts. Just connect Ghostbot, select the contact you want to “ghost,” and let the slow fade-out begin.
We’re also introducing a powerful call – and text! – forwarding feature that allows you to easily send Burner calls and texts to another phone number, as well as a unique and ridiculously useful option to delegate the ability for the other person or line to reply via the Burner.
This a really useful feature for teams, travelers, and people who just need to hand off briefly, and takes its place alongside other great productivity and collaboration features like text auto-replies, reminders, and Burner Connections with Slack and Dropbox.
Speaking of Connections, we’ve also added support for Google Drive to our Google Connection. Now you can (optionally) save your photos and voicemails to a Drive folder, in addition to the existing ability to save texts and contexts to Sheets. And you can share them collaboratively with anyone who can access Google Drive.
The developer connection now supports incoming webhooks for those of you who want to add more advanced functionality to your number.
We’ve also made a few adjustments to our Slack Connection based on feedback from users and teams who are on it.
Other notable enhancements and improvements:
* Messages now have timestamps.
* Your Burner details page now shows the exact time your number will expire instead of 30 days, 2 hours, etc. Of course, if you have a Premium line, your number won’t expire at all ;-).
* Tap on phone numbers in message bubbles for a quicker way to initiate calls or texts from your Burner.
* Some harder-to-see burner colors have been removed.
* Improved voicemail player.
We’ve also included some minor bug fixes and small performance improvements. As always, hit us up with questions, feedback, or anything else at firstname.lastname@example.org.