This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Utilities
Background Timer is a very easy to user Timer application.
Unlike the build-in timer, the following useful functionalities are added :
- The time can be defined with a seconds precision.
- The timer can be paused and resumed.
- The timer can be looped (the number of loops being displayed).
- Portrait and Landscape visualization modes are handled in all application screens.
- The time is displayed in fullscreen, in the biggest possible way.
- When the timer is done, triggers textual popup alerts and/OR audio alerts.
- When the timer is done, the time is still displayed, allowing to know since how long the timer elapsed.
- Choose to display remaining or elapsed time (by touching the time)
Regarding audio alerts :
- Different dedicated alarm sounds can be used (Bell, Cooking timer, Watch, Gong, Danger, Lama Bell...)
- Shepard tones can also be used : those tones creates the auditory illusion of a tone that continually ascends or descends in pitch.
!! BACKGROUND FEATURE !! : When used on iOS 4, the notifications can occur in background (when the application is not in foreground).
In this mode, a limited number of notification will be triggered if the loop feature is enabled.
If you are looking for a much more complex Timer application (with various options, internal events , ...), you can check our "Timer" application
✓ New: 15 alarm sounds added (mainly Zen ones).
✓ New: Displays a loop counter.
✓ New: Displays a short indication message (delayed or elapsed time) when the time is touched.
✓ Change: Graphical improvements for retina display.
✓ Change: The nuumber of background notifications is increased to 60 on recent devices.
✓ Bug fix: The iPod volume will decrease during an alarm playback and will increase back correctly after that.
✓ Bug fix: Loop mode was sometimes omitted at the application launch.