Umbria Slow: Food, Culture & Travel
★ The Insiders Guide to Undiscovered Central Italy ★
Get off the Rome-Florence-Venice beaten path and discover la dolce vita, slow style. If you're dreaming of three-hour meals on cobblestone terraces overlooking rolling hills, fields of wildflowers surrounding ancient mountain hamlets, and hotel stays in medieval abbeys (all without the crowds of Tuscany), start planning with this insider's guide to Umbria.
••• PRAISE FOR UMBRIA SLOW •••
About.com: Italy Travel
When I started browsing Umbria Slow: Food, Culture, and Travel, I couldn't put it down. This expertly written app is not a dry travel guide full of facts but a real look at what makes Umbria special, from top sights to unique local favorites and insider tips.
Their enthusiasm for the region is contagious; their casual frankness ... makes you feel like you’re being guided along by a friend.
iTunes User Review
Great sections listing cooking classes, wine tastings, outdoor sports and places to stay -- no need to lug around a big guidebook!
••• WHY BUY THIS APP •••
Your authors of the only English-language Umbria travel app have spent the past decade writing hundreds and hundreds of pages about Umbria for guidebooks, articles and blogs.
••• BENEFITS OF UMBRIA SLOW •••
* Off-line entries and maps (including comprehensive maps of the entire region, plus every city and small town) let you navigate without ever needing an internet connection
* Easily sort reviews by category, name, average price, distance or area
* Helpful step-by-step entries (with photos) on how to pay for parking, order in a restaurant or purchase produce in grocery stores
* Peruse our 'Travel Tips' category for our calendar of events, weather tips, history timeline, and advice on traveling with children
* Browse almost 1000 photos, an average of four per entry
* Become a part of the Umbria Slow community by sharing comments or joining our Facebook page
••• WHAT'S INSIDE THIS APP? •••
* Visit Perugino family-run artisan workshops dating back 150 years
* Discover the secret to making the most out of your visit to the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
* Stay in romantic B&Bs, farm holiday 'agriturismos,' a rural castle, or one of several medieval monasteries
* Join English-led cooking classes, truffle hunts and wine tours
* Ride horseback through vineyards or scoot around a zero-emission winery in your own electric cart
★ About the Authors ★
Alex fell in love with Umbria in 1998 and became a freelance travel writer the following year (coincidence?). Out of the 25 books she has worked on for Lonely Planet, Alex penned all four editions of Umbria for Lonely Planet's Tuscany & Umbria and wrote the Umbria & Marche chapters for the Italy book for three editions. In addition to her position as Editorial Director for Gogobot.com, Alex works as a freelance writer, board game co-inventor and writing coach.
Rebecca moved to Italy from Chicago in 1993 and shortly thereafter opened an agriturismo in a renovated farmhouse at the foot of Mount Subasio near Assisi, Umbria. She spends her time taking care of guests at Brigolante, blogging about the lovely region she now calls home at Rebecca’s Ruminations and on Umbria on the Blog, and wondering about what strange winds blew an urban vegetarian to a farm in Umbria.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
✔ Dynamic updates – refreshes content within the app so you always have the latest
✔ Offline Content Settings - Control exactly how much space you use for offline content
✔ Software updates - reliability and performance improvements
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 12, 2012
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (15)
- 34.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Adventure Weekends West
• Barcelona Unbound: A Travel Guide
• Budapest Insider's Guide
• Buenos Aires Essential Guide!
• Dordogne Explorations
• Dubai Shopping Secrets Revealed
• Mammoth In the Know
• Mexico City Essential Guide.
• Michigan Lighthouses
• Minneapolis/St Paul Essential Guide
• NYC's Meatpacking District
• Puglia Travel Guide
• Rome Side Trips
• Vegas for Families
• Venice: The Essential Green Travel Guide