iOS Universal Travel
The free SwitzerlandMobility app (for iPhone and iPad) is the perfect app for anybody who is out and about in Switzerland either in summer or winter.
- maps of Switzerland from swisstopo (the best) up to a scale of 1:25,000
- 32,000 km signposted non-motorized routes (national, regional and local)
- complete network of signposted hiking trails (60,000 km)
- 500 routes for winter activities
- 25,000 public transportation stops linked to the timetable of the Swiss Federal Railways (planning a tour with public transportation was never easier)
- information on 4,500 points of interest on the way, such as overnight accommodations, bicycle service stations, etc.
- positioning system and compass function (you always know where you are)
Save maps & tours
On purchasing a SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription you can additionally:
- use and save swisstopo maps for areas without network coverage (no more problems with dead zones)
- download and store tours you designed, including elevation profile, hiking time, distance and altitudes (separately and easily)
- Recording tours with the SwitzerlandMobility app is not possible
Constant use of the GPS may considerably reduce the length of battery life.
- New: Slope over 30 degrees and protected wildlife zones
- Updated data from January 2018