iOS Universal Travel
The free SwitzerlandMobility app is the perfect app for anybody who is out and about in Switzerland:
maps of Switzerland from swisstopo up to a scale of 1:25,000 (the best)
32,000 km signposted non-motorized routes (national, regional and local)
complete network of signposted hiking trails (60,000 km)
25,000 public transportation stops linked to the timetable of the Swiss Federal Railways (planning a tour with public transportation was never easier)
information on 4,500 points of interest on the way, such as overnight accommodations, bicycle service stations, etc.
positioning system and compass function (you always know where you are)
With SwitzerlandMobility Plus you can additionally
download and store swisstopo maps to be used in areas without network coverage (no more problems with dead zones)
download and store tours you designed, including elevation profile, hiking time, distance and altitude (separately and easily)
The app requires network coverage (useable without network coverage with SwitzerlandMobility Plus).
No tours can be entered with the app.
Constant use of the GPS may considerably reduce the length of battery life.
- Fixes bugs with offline maps for some devices
- Fixes a bug with My routes
New in Version 1.60
- Updated March 2016
- Tour and map updates possible
- Displays cycling time/hiking time of your tour
- Line transparency: the transparency with which your tour is displayed on the map
- Photos/texts of your tour are displayed on the map
- Multiple photos per route or stage, places, sights
- Supports iPad Pro
- Bug fixes