This app was removed from the App Store.
Austin Travel Guide – Lonely Planet
iOS iPhone Travel
**Now with search and favourites to help you plan your day**
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
Over 10 million Lonely Planet apps downloaded
The world’s favourite guidebook, enhanced with iPhone-smartness
- GPS tracking and offline maps (so you can avoid data roaming charges)
- Hundreds of recommended places to visit & things to do
- Search functionality and ability to save your favourite points-of-interest for quick reference
- Extensive editorial content from our guidebooks
- All wrapped up in an intuitive, easy to use app where everything is only a few touches away
Live music, great barbecue and a relaxed, (slightly freaky) vibe make Austin a true Texan charmer. Mosey down 6th Ave or Red River St for the bars and music, head to South Congress for vintage clothes or borrow a truck and head to Lockhart, the barbecue capital of the world. Whatever you’re into - disc golf, classic vinyl or quality coffee – Lonely Planet’s author serve up the best of what Austin has to offer.
# GPS TRACKING & OFFLINE MAPS
- There’s no need to go online to find out where you are or where you’re going. Our detailed street maps are fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full colour styling and six-level zoom.
# HUNDREDS OF RECOMMENDED PLACES TO VISIT & THINGS TO DO
- Discover the best of the city with hundreds of author recommended points-of-interest covering sights, shopping, places to eat, places to go out, hotels, activities and events.
- Points-of-interest include Lonely Planet reviews, practical information such as opening hours, address, contact details, and price range, and map
- Search, browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighbourhood, or type
- Save points-of-interest to your ‘Favorites’ folder for quick access.
# SEARCH AND FIND POINTS OF INTEREST
- Full text search, search history and auto-complete so you can find all points-of-interest with ease.
# SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE POINTS OF INTEREST
- Save points-of-interest to your ‘Favourites’ folder for quick access.
- Perfect for planning out your day ahead
# EXTENSIVE EDITORIAL CONTENT FROM OUR GUIDEBOOKS
- City and neighbourhood overviews – Get a sense of the city and its neighbourhoods so you know what to expect and where you want to explore.
- ‘Things to do’ overviews – Hit the ground running after reading up on the local scene for shopping, dining, going out, and hotels
- Background information - Learn more about some of the city's key features and what makes it tick, with content covering history, the arts, the environment and more.
- Practical information – A need-to-know directory right at your fingertips. How to get around, money and tipping, medical services and much more.
# EASY TO USE
- Swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and filter your selections with a flick of your finger
#LONELY PLANET IMAGES
- If you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
Mapping data provided by Open Street Maps and Cartotype
New tabbed navigation