This app was removed from the App Store.
ask Ting Ting - Hong Kong Guide
iOS iPhone Travel
Limited Free for Download from now until 31 Jan, 2013!
ask Ting Ting is the first interactive video travel guide for Hong Kong. It comes with the best local insider tips, uniquely presented by high definition videos to create an unforgettable experience for travelers visiting Hong Kong.
1) Videos: Explore Hong Kong with quality videos which highlight the best Hong Kong has to offer, presented by the vibrant TV personality Sarah Lian.
2) Tours: Follow our video guided tours to discover the most hidden and spectacular places of Hong Kong.
3) Insider tips: Select from our over 600 frequently updated recommendations for dining, shopping, entertainment and sightseeing put together by a panel of local experts. We included a wide range of places and activities for individual travelers, families, nature lovers and clubbers. You can bookmark your locations and configure your own itinerary for your very individual Hong Kong tour.
4) Navigation: Pick a destination and we will tell you how to get there. Our button "take me there" will present you with walking directions, taxi instructions in English and Chinese as well as Public Transportation options. The choice is yours!
5) Virtual postcards: Found a scenic place and want to send a short greeting to your folks at home? Use our virtual postcard feature, take a snapshot and we will help you send off your own personal greetings from Hong Kong.
6) Specials: Get to know the best food in Hong Kong with our Dim Sum Guide that explains the different dishes and helps you even to order it in a Chinese environment. Having trouble with bad weather? Don't worry, we have some suggestions for you in our category "Hong Kong on a rainy day".
7) Menu: We are there to make your stay most memorable, so we will even guide you back to your hotel. Select the place where you stay and we show you how to get home. Provide the most needed phone numbers - just in case. And much much more!
ask Ting Ting in the press:
# Time Magazine (global): "You may have used audio guides when visiting a foreign city, or downloaded sightseeing and dining guides to your web-enabled phone. But travelers to Hong Kong can now take advantage of an app that not only introduces the city in over 50 video clips, but also a host of other visitor-friendly features."
# The Standard (Hong Kong): "Targeted at […] leisure travelers, it contains more than 50 video tours, as well as suggestions for dining, shopping, entertainment and sports and recreation."
# TimeOut (Hong Kong): "ask Ting Ting is centered around a Ting Ting, a virtual travel companion, who you interact with through videos, menus and maps. It's a unique style of city guide."
# South China Morning Post (Hong Kong): "[...] one handy function is the Chinese translation of street names. You can just flash the phone to the taxi driver and he'll know where to take you. A smart move indeed."
# Singapore Airline SilverKris (Singapore): "If you are planning a Hong Kong visit, a vivacious virtual lady is all set to show you the sights."
# Business Traveller (Asia): "More than 50 videos containing information on different points of interest in Hong Kong, scripted by a Hollywood-based writer and filmed by an international film crew. [...] The videos offer informative but concise looks at attractions."
- Update new information with locations
- Update address of stores.