German Dictionary & Trans. +
iOS Universal Travel
The #1 German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with over 647,000 Entries ◇ Phrase Translator ◇ Comprehensive Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“Superb Dictionary! I live and work in Germany and speak the language well, but I still need a dictionary at times. This app is constantly with me on my iPod and is a superb piece of work... Highly recommended!”
“Has replaced my dictionary! This dictionary is so extensive and fast that we went on our trip without a dictionary or phrasebook.”
“Conjugations & More. This is one ‘Smart’ App for on the go study as well, don't leave home without it, worth every cent!”
“The Only German English Dictionary You'll Need. It's great for quick word look up and translation. But it's also a companion for learning the language.”
“Brilliant App. This app is a wonderful tool for both casual tourists and students of German alike.”
German Translator & Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. German Dictionary & Translator + includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive German English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download German Translator & Dictionary + now and start learning German or English today!
- German English Dictionary with over 647,000 offline entries.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of German nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Sentence Translator with Favorites and offline viewing.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,648 German & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in German & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in German or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
- Added thousands of examples to the Dictionary.
- Implemented iPad Split Screen to use Dictionary with other apps.
- Implemented Drag & Drop between Dictionary and other iPad apps.
- Added Copy to Clipboard to Dictionary. Tap word or example to show context menu.
- Improved voice lookup language selection on Apple Watch.
- Added 3D Touch Peek to see Dictionary entries for Quiz words.
- Improved use of Dynamic Type. See iOS Settings > Larger Font to adjust.
- Added deep linking so Dictionary headwords can be looked up using Spotlight.
- Improved audio speed selector in Voice Settings.
- Added Flashcards setting to display only Dictionary favorites.
- Improved Flashcards screen layout.
- Added South African accent to pronunciation choices.
- Adapted screen layouts for iPhone X.
- Changed dictionary favorites icon color to red.
- Fixed layout issues on iPhones Plus models.
- Eliminated truncation of long translator phrases.
- Corrected bug blocking purchase of Premium Features.
- Enabled Translate link on verb conjugation screen.
- Fixed favorites issue when over 100 dictionary words are starred.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved help text.
If you have any issues with this update, please email email@example.com
If you like free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.