Going fishing? Log your fishing trips with FishBlue!
FishBlue is an opportunity for marine fishermen to become citizen scientists and help conserve our natural resources.
With this app you can:
• View your location on a cached map
• Keep a map of your route including personalized waypoints
• Log the fish you’ve caught including pictures and stats
• Share catches with friends through email, Facebook and Twitter
In the face of increasing regulation, recreational fishermen do not have a way to systematically collect data to argue for sensible catch limits, seasonal openings, and species-specific management measures. fishblue is designed to collect better data on the range, seasonality, and magnitude of recreational fisheries, in order to help fishermen and scientists get the whole story.
As part of this app, New England Aquarium scientists will review and analyze the data collected, and provide participating fishermen with annual reports on catch statistics, effort, and seasonality. The Aquarium will not release individual fishermen's data under any circumstances. Data analyses will be aggregated to eliminate any possibility of identifying individual trips, and the data analyses will not be shared with the participants until the fishing season is over.
Get fishblue today and help conserve our natural resources. Developed by the New England Aquarium and Green Mountain Digital, the mobile apps market leader in nature and wildlife.
About New England Aquarium
The New England Aquarium, which opened in 1969, is a global leader in ocean exploration and marine conservation. The Aquarium is one of the premier visitor attractions in Boston, with over 1.3 million visitors a year, and a major public education resource.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email email@example.com
-Minor bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 23, 2012
- Green Mountain Digital
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 3.8 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Audubon Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Butterflies
• Audubon African Wildlife
• Audubon Birds California – A Field Guide to the Birds of California
• Audubon Birds Pro
• Audubon Birds and Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Birds and Butterflies
• Audubon Birds of Central Park
• Audubon Fishes - A Field Guide to North American Fishes
• Audubon Fishes of the Caribbean and the Gulf of...
• Audubon Guides Box Set - Birds, Tree, Wildflowers & Mammals
• Audubon Insects and Spiders – A Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders
• Audubon Mammals - A Field Guide to North American Mammals
• Audubon Mushrooms – A Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
• Audubon Nature California – The Ultimate California Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Desert Southwest
• Audubon Nature Florida – The Ultimate Florida Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Mid-Atlantic - The Ultimate Mid-Atlantic Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature New England – The Ultimate New England Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Pacific Northwest
• Audubon Nature Rocky Mountains - The Ultimate Rocky Mountain Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Texas – The Ultimate Texas Nature Guide
• Audubon Owls - A Field Guide to North American Owls
• Audubon Reptiles and Amphibians – A Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians
• Audubon Trees
• Audubon Wildflowers
• Audubon Wildflowers California – A Field Guide to the Wildflowers of California
• GardenMinder by Gardener's Supply Company
• Orvis Fly Fishing – The Ultimate Fly-Fishing Guide
• Sailing World Knots and Splices
• Songbirds of North America
• The Birds of Haiti and the Dominican Republic