Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
iOS Universal Social Networking
Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, avatar sizes, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets
• Quickly delete and edit existing tweets with ease
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users, or URLs from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar, image and text size
• Automatic switch to dark theme at night
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch
• Live streaming of tweets over wifi
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• Native push notifications
• Tweet translation
• 3D Touch support
• VoiceOver support
• External keyboard support
Apple Watch Features:
(Full Apple Watch functionality requires Twitterrific's in-app push notifications)
• Track your Twitter stats in real time
• Receive notifications for Replies, Mentions, RT's, Favs, DM's & more
• Handoff passes user profiles, composed tweets and more to the iOS app
• Reply to Mentions, Replies & Direct Messages
• Get info on new followers, follow them back or block them
• Force press to compose new tweets via Siri Dictation
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
Center Stage: A whole new way to see your tweets!
Tap the new Center Stage button at the top of any timeline to open a full screen view where you can swipe through all of the tweets that include photos, movies, or animated GIFs.
When you’re in Center Stage, you can tap on the tweet to exit or swipe left/right to navigate through your timeline. You can even Like or Retweet directly from Center Stage! A single tap will get the on-screen controls out of your way and swiping down will close the tweet drawer so there’s nothing between you and the media you’re viewing.
The traditional media experience has also been improved - after tapping on a thumbnail to view it, there is a new button at the bottom of the screen which allows you to enter Center Stage right from there. If you swipe to other tweets, a rewind button appears that’ll take you back to where you started. Handy!
Center Stage isn’t just for your timeline - from a profile screen, you can tap on any of the thumbnails and enter Center Stage where you can see the tweet that the image was attached to as well as swipe through their other recent media tweets without even having to open a timeline.
Center Stage is fully VoiceOver compatible and includes support for physical keyboards.
• Tapping on an animated GIF or video will toggle play/pause
• Ability to pinch zoom photos, videos, and animated GIFs
• Improved audio ducking performance when viewing a video
• Tweets that quote your own tweets are now color-coded as mentions
• Reduced popup background blur opacity
• Photo zoom levels no longer reset when higher resolution versions finish loading
• Visual tweaks to the timeline search bar for a cleaner, less cluttered look
• Phrase muffle rules now look for a word boundary on both ends of the phrase
• Muffle phrases can include a prefix and/or suffix of “*” to act as a wildcard match
• Shared conversation threads & reply chains now sorted from oldest to newest
• Eliminated several causes of extraneous requests to Twitter’s API
• Leaving a timeline no longer clears the search field
• Added a sound effect when un-liking a tweet
• Removed img.ly support since it is defunct
• Fixed issue auto-refreshing timelines when a push notification arrived
• Fixed rendering problem when viewing a message thread on iPhone
• Fixed scroll jumping when a message thread first animates into view
• Fixed an issue where the background blur flickered when dismissing popups
• Fixed rendering bugs with photo loading progress bar
• Fixed an issue displaying single-frame GIFs
• Other minor bug fixes and performance tweaks
148Apps —Twitterrific for Apple Watch Review