Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
iOS Universal Social Networking
Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets, while you away & more
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Easily add alternate image descriptions to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar shapes, home screen icons and text size
• Auto switching to to Twitterrific's dark theme at night is easy on the eyes
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with both portrait & landscape support
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• 3D Touch support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing Tip Jar subscription is available for $0.49 per month (price varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account’s Settings after purchasing.
Added a setting to hide emoji in names, fixed a few crashes, and had to make some difficult decisions.
• Presentation setting to remove emoji from people's names in the timeline
• Renamed the streaming setting to "Automatically Refresh Timelines"
• Fixed a crash when uploading videos that were encoded a certain way
• Fixed an issue counting characters in the name and location fields when editing your own profile
• Fixed an issue that caused the text cursor to jump to the end when editing search terms in the compose view
• Fixed a few other rare crashes
• Prepared for the elimination of live streaming
• Removed purchase of push notifications and the Today view
• Removed the watch app
In the coming months, Twitter plans to discontinue the underlying services that we need to provide both push notifications and live streaming. As a result, we did not feel it was right to keep selling the push notification in-app purchase since we will soon be forced to shut it down. To that end, we've consolidated our in-app purchases to a single "Enhanced" option which eliminates ads and unlocks Google Translate.
If you have purchased push notifications in the past, both the notifications and the Today view will keep working for as long as we can keep them working.
The watchOS app was originally written in such a way that it depended on the data from the push notification service. Since that service is shutting down, it will render the watch app nearly useless without rebuilding it from the ground up. We've determined that the amount of development time and effort required for such a task is simply not economically viable at this time.
WiFi live streaming is another service that Twitter is discontinuing. To work around this, we've implemented more thorough automatic refreshing throughout the app - including for Lists which have never supported streaming. Live streaming will continue to work until Twitter shuts it down at which point the app will fallback to automatically refreshing approximately every 2 minutes while you are using the app.
148Apps —Twitterrific for Apple Watch Review