Talkatone: Free SMS Texting & Calls With Wifi VoIP
iOS Universal Social Networking
Make free calls & texts via WiFi or cellular data, no cell minutes used, all with Talkatone.
Download Talkatone for your very own free US/Canada phone number! Call for free in the U.S. and Canada, and make cheap international calls without using your minutes. Send free picture and group messages in the U.S. and Canada.
Call, text and share. Staying in touch is easy with Talkatone.
FREE PHONE NUMBER
Get a free phone number of your choice to make and receive free calls/texts to other U.S./Canada numbers. If you don’t have a cell phone plan, Talkatone can give you everything you need!
FREE CALLING & TEXTING TO U.S. & CANADA
All SMS/MMS texts and domestic calls (US/Canada) are always free. Better yet, group texting is free for all users.
FREE PICTURE TEXTING & FREE MMS
Text photos for FREE to any U.S. or Canadian number, without using cellular data.
CHEAP INTERNATIONAL CALLS
You shouldn’t have to pay exorbitant fees to call your loved ones around the world. ALL international calls to you are completely free!
No cell phone data plan? No problem. You can use WiFi to make free calls & texts.
TURN YOUR IPAD OR IPOD INTO A PHONE
Call and text friends and family from your iPad or iPod with Talkatone - No cell plan required.
EARN FREE CALLING CREDITS
Achieve effectively free unlimited international calling by completing our simple free offers.
PERFECT FOR TRAVELERS
Take your iPhone, iPod or iPad with you when you travel. Call and text U.S. or Canada phone numbers on WiFi without paying outrageous roaming charges.
Download Talkatone for free texting and calling from your very own custom phone number!
Talkatone does not support 911 emergency calling or texting.
Carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
We are happy to get your feedback and help you solve any Talkatone issues. Just email us at email@example.com, and we'll get back to you promptly.
More info: www.talkatone.com
TIP: Talkatone no longer uses credits to call US or Canadian numbers. The rates for several other countries have been improved. Find out more at http://www.talkatone.com/yay.html
- A rare issue affecting iPads at startup has been corrected.
- The dialpad behaves better on large Plus sized phone screens.
- Copy or share your Talkatone phone number with our new Share and Copy buttons. Go to the Settings tab and share that number with your friends and family!
- Several issues involving display of message history have been corrected.
- If you keep your Talkatone address book separate from your iOS contacts then Talkatone-only contacts were disappearing in 5.5.3. They weren’t lost, but they were hidden. 5.5.4 brings them back to the Contacts tab.
- Some recent ads got a bit excitable about opening the App Store. We’ve had some words with them and hopefully they’ll only launch when asked.
- Some users were experiencing problems with messages showing a phone number or a name that doesn’t match their contact lists. 5.5.3 resolves those issues.
- If you’ve been having trouble with calls saying “Detecting Network Configuration” and not going through we sincerely apologize. 5.5.2 corrects that, and comes with all of the great stuff that 5.5.1 added below!
- iOS 10 is here and there’s lots of great stuff available. We’ve gone through the whole app and tuned it for iOS 10’s new features and UI.
- But we didn’t leave iOS 9 users out, we love both groups equally. Notifications of calls and texts in particular are improved for iOS 9 users.
- Connecting to calls is faster across the board.
- We’re not saying there IS a new secret narwhal somewhere in the UI but we aren’t saying there ISN’T, either.
- Now that domestic calls are free and unlimited some screens got some new UI polish.