This app was removed from the App Store.
SimplyTweet Twitter with Push Notifications
iOS iPhone Social Networking
SimplyTweet 2.5 is now at a greatly discounted price of USD$0.99 as we await the approval and launch of SimplyTweet 3.0 (new app). SimplyTweet 2.5 will still work after SimplyTweet 3.0 is launched.
"SimplyTweet takes the lead in the iPhone Twitter client race."
- Stephen Ingraham
SimplyTweet makes using Twitter easy. It lets you tweet easily and keep you informed via push notifications when someone messages or mentions you. Choose from several themes available.
You can types tweets either in the portrait or landscape (wider) keyboard.
Get a push alert anytime someone mentions or direct messages any of your accounts. Works just like text alerts.
✓ Push notification support for Mentions and Direct Messages.
✓ Configurable push notification sounds
✓ Multiple accounts support
✓ Browse conversations - display the reply chain of a message in 1 screen
✓ Browse conversations between you and another person - display the tweets between you in 1 screen
✓ Lists (create groups of friends, etc. Note that anyone can be added, as long as their updates are not protected)
✓ Muting support
✓ Notes and multiple drafts
✓ HootSuite integration: importing of Twitter accounts from HootSuite
✓ Customizable swipe-to-reveal shortcuts
✓ Unread tweet indicators for all themes, scroll to last read tweet on startup
✓ Unread counts display
✓ Full landscape support (including timelines, drafting and photo viewer)
✓ Reply to multiple people at once
✓ Tweetshrink support (both tweets and DM)
✓ Contact pickers
✓ Send direct messages longer than 140 characters
✓ Support updating of user profile and profile image within SimplyTweet
✓ Video and multiple photos in a single tweet uploading
✓ Remembers most recently used hashtags across sessions
✓ Block/Unblock support, and option to report spammer
✓ Bigger text option
✓ Saved searches
✓ Photos search
✓ Instapaper Support
✓ TextExpander support (you need TextExpander app installed to use it. Configure shortcuts in TextExpander app, enable sharing, and you get to use them in SimplyTweet)
✓ Option to hide avatars in blocked list
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDED:
✓ Perform search
✓ Proximity Search
✓ Favorites support
✓ Trends support
✓ View your Friends timeline and Mentions timeline
✓ View the public Twitter timeline
✓ Load older tweets and direct messages
✓ Post tweets, RT
✓ Delete tweets
✓ Reply to tweets
✓ Direct messages, including browsing list recipients and autocompletion
✓ Saving of drafts
✓ Follow and un-follow
✓ Built-in web browser (including landscape mode browsing)
✓ Configurable image compression for uploads
✓ Posterous Support (multiple photos and video upload with hashtags converted to tags)
✓ Posterous support for long tweets
✓ TwitPic support (multiple photos)
✓ yfrog support (multiple photos and video upload)
✓ TwitrPix support (multiple photos)
✓ img.ly support (multiple photos)
✓ TwitVid support (video upload)
✓ Bookmarklet Support
✓ Option to change the timestamp display format
✓ Built-in photo viewer
✓ Opening a user profile directly (Go to User)
"My favorite app? SimplyTweet. I’ve tried them all."
- Robert Scoble
"When you load the app to read your pushed Tweets you’ll find an app with more options than you can shake a stick at."
"This twitter client is in a class by itself!"
"SimplyTweet has become simply awesome"
"The app is simple to use, yet does almost everything any Twit could want!"
Follow @simplytweet on Twitter.
- Full landscape support (including timelines, drafting and photo viewer)
- Tweaks to UI and themes
- Add TextExpander support (you need TextExpander app installed to use it. Configure shortcuts in TextExpander app, enable sharing, and you get to use them in SimplyTweet)
- Add support for swipe menu in account view
- Show timetamps in account view
- Change of terminology. Rename "Saved Views" to "Lists". To prepare for official support of Twitter Lists, as well as reflecting the filtering functionality in lists that is added to saved views
- Moved Block/Unblock users and Edit Lists tabs into Misc
- Add support for muting/filtering people in lists from Friends, Mentions and Public timelines.
- When saving a draft in tweet/DM compose view, it is also automatically saved as a new Note
- Add support for Pic.gd (which is shortened TweetPhoto) in picture viewer
- Add option to hide avatars in blocked list
- Indicate the number of contacts loaded so far during refreshing in contact pickers in tweet/DM drafting
- Add default recipient setting for in-app emails
- Change posting of links to not use "-" anymore, save 2 characters
- Allow adding to Instapaper from within tweet/DM view (without having to open builtin browser)
- Tweak for faster loading
- Add reply all action in tweet view
- Reply all in swipe menu no longer includes @screennames in the tweet body (use Reply All in tweet view for that)