Note to God
Dear Note to God Community: As many of you know, Allen Wright, the creator of Note to God, was struck by a car and fell into a coma. His family was supported during this incredibly challenging time by the thoughts and prayers of the Note to God user community. Thousands of your prayers for Allen found their way into the app - and then to the Wright family.
Allen awoke from his coma after 8 days and early signs look promising. The family knows that they are at the beginning of a long road, but they are thankful that his progress is moving forward.
“When you don’t have anyone to talk to, you can write a note to God.”
Note to God has been featured on NBC, CBS and has been extensively spotlighted by many religious blogs and websites.
Note to God was the subject of MEDL Mobile’s feature story on CNBC’s “Planet of the Apps.”
Submitter Allen Wright has become a highly respected student at his former High School and is a powerful inspiration for children, teens and adults alike.
Note to God allows the user to enter a personal note to God. The app is non-denominational and is meant to allow anyone with any belief to communicate with his or her own higher power.
In many religions, the act of writing a letter to God is seen as a holy commitment and a legitimate way of communicating one’s spiritual emotions. The Note To God app is simply a digital expression of those same honest feelings.
After the note is sent, it disappears. The user can not recall past notes. This way, the writing of the note can be completely honest and the hitting of send is a true commitment to what’s in the note.
HOW IT WORKS
Every note that is entered is stored anonymously within the database. Users can read through the notes of others to see what people are praying about.
Topics can be searched, notes can be seen at random, or viewers can look at the “Notes In The Cloud,” a custom designed interface that shows the most common words that are being prayed about.
The larger the word, the more often it appears. Tap on a word to read notes and prayers that it has been written in.
We hope that Allen’s app will help people form a stronger relationship with their own spirituality. We also hope that this app will serve to remind us all that we have more in common than we often realize.
MEET THE WHOLE FAMILY
Don’t forget to check out our whole family of “Note To” apps, including Note to Obama, Note to Haiti and the latest, Note to the Royal Couple!
We are proud to call Note to God a Shiny MEDL Object. You can see all of them at www.medlmobile.com. And if you have an idea for an app that you’d like to see on the app store someday, visit www.appincubator.com.
Minor Bug Fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 26, 2012
- Social Networking
- MEDL Mobile, Inc.
- 5.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (28)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (717)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• A Million Ways to Die in the West
• Been Trill
• Boxhead - The Zombie Wars
• Boxhead LITE - The Zombie Wars
• Boxhead: The Zombie Wars 3D
• Britannica Kids: US Presidents
• Candies Picture Stylist
• Cheech & Chong's Fatty Comedy App - a Mobile Dispensary of Fun
• DayNa Decker
• DJ Pauly D - Beat That Boardwalk
• Ghost Recorder
• Greedy Jump – The Holiday Egg Jumping Treasure Hunt
• Here I Am Locator
• In Our Image
• iTRNDNG for Instagram
• Kids! Learn to Draw by Walter Foster
• Know Skateboarding Street Fundamentals Free
• Know Skateboarding Street Fundamentals with the Element Pro Team
• Learn to Draw Digital Sketchbook by Walter Foster
• Marlee Signs
• Mediapad Pro Portfolio
• Mobile Educator: Flowers 101
• Monkey And Me - Hanging With Pleepleus
• My Wild Night With Ted - Ted the Movie
• Rampage Punch
• Tether - The Interactive Whiteboard
• Tree ID - TreeID with Fall Foliage
• Uncle Sarah – a musical comedy fun house of funny playtime magic!
• Urdu Translator