Felix for App.net
Felix is a fast and beautiful iPhone client for the hot new App.net social network, also known as ADN.
Feature-rich and polished to a fine sheen, Felix is here to help you get the most out of your conversations with your new friends.
- A fast, clean and mellow interface designed to let you focus on what's important - people and posts.
- Full private messaging support, whether to one person or more. You can even include images and custom links in your messages!
- Curate your streams by collapsing post authors, mentions, hashtags, conversations, reposters and clients.
- Keep drafts, favorite content and collapse rules synced between all your devices with your iCloud account.
- Support for ADN's file storage system when attaching media to your posts and messages.
- A fullscreen viewing option - more pixels for posts! You can use spiffy new gestures to navigate through the app. Pinch in or out to switch your viewing mode.
- Push notifications when you're mentioned or receive a private message on ADN. You can also be notified when you're followed, reposted or when your posts are starred.
- Supports use with multiple ADN accounts.
- Post editable, custom links - including links to your photos. No need for link shorteners!
- Stream marker support for syncing your last-read position with other clients that support this feature.
- Crosspost to any Twitter account you have set up in iOS's Settings app - just tap and hold on the send button when you're ready.
- Unified timeline - optionally see all of your mentions in your stream, whether you follow that person or not.
- Navigate conversations with ease - see what a post is in reply to by swiping left on it or tapping its conversation bubble.
- Save entire conversations for easy reference later. (It's the star icon at the top of conversation screens.)
- Integration with 1Password 4.1.
- Open links in 1Password 4.1 or Chrome.
- Support for Patter private rooms!
- In-app notification display banner.
- Choose from a variety of sounds for push notifications.
- Inline previews of images in posts.
- Three color themes to suit your tastes.
- Choose from several sizes of text for content like posts and user bios.
- Total support for "starring" posts - mark your favorites, and see who else likes them!
- Robust draft post support means you can complete your thoughts at your leisure.
- Username and hashtag completion when posting.
- A handy Dashboard tab with everything you need to keep track of your ADN experience. Find your starred posts and conversations, your followers, who you've followed and muted, and much more! (Felix's settings are found here.)
- Upload media to ADN, Droplr or CloudApp and include them in your posts.
- Save web pages for later reading to Pocket, Instapaper, Readability and Pinboard.
(To upload media or save web pages, you'll need an account with one of the above services, as applicable. You can give Felix permission to use that account via Felix's in-app Settings, found on the Dashboard.)
- A handy Dashboard tab with everything you need to keep track of your ADN experience. Find your starred posts and conversations, your followers, who you've followed and muted, and much more! (Felix's settings are also found here.)
- Search for other users by name, username or even words in their bios.
- Easily follow, mute, or message other people on ADN from their individual "person" screen.
- You can filter your main stream to include or exclude posts directed to people you don't follow.
- A healthy sprinkling of discoverable gestures; try tapping-and-holding on the reply button, or swipe left or right on posts!
- Of course, all the fundamentals are covered. View your personal stream, your mentions, the Global feed, and post to your heart's content.
- Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
There's much more ... and even more to come.
- You can now choose between eight fonts for your viewing pleasure.
- If you use Felix with multiple accounts, you can tap on your avatar while writing a post or message to switch which account that post or message will be from.
- There's a new button that will let you star conversations when in fullscreen mode. (A similar button also lets you do useful things when viewing hashtags.)
- The verified domain for a user is now shown at the bottom of their profile if they've set one up.
- That bug that would make composing a post lag, or your posts flicker, is toast. Finito. Crushed under my size 13 boot. Splat.
- Puck rendering bugs have also been fixed, but with a bit less violence.
- Bio editing issues were fixed. No, really, I mean it this time. I think. It can get pretty tricky.
- Memory usage, memory warning handling and general performance improvements.
- Image cache improvements. Caches aren't infinite, but it's much better now. You can clear the image cache in Settings now too, just in case.
- Miscellaneous rare crashers were fixed. Thanks for sending in those reports, they're a huge help!
- A ton of behind-the-scenes magic, but you're better off living life in the sun than reading about it.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 07, 2013
- Social Networking
- tigerbears, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (90)
- 8.7 MB