German Concise - practical Van Dale dictionary for studies, work and intensive use at home or for travel. Translate from Dutch to the German language, check spelling, listen to pronunciation and look up the correct usage of words.
iOS Universal Reference
Van Dale German Concise Dictionary offers information to understand, to speak or to write German in everyday situations. It is intended for Dutch users.
• Do a quick search on how to translate a word and how to write it, including practical examples and extra in-depth texts
• Listen to the right pronunciation in German – recorded by native speakers
• Train your word skills with the Flash Card Quiz
• No Internet connection required for this app, so no hidden costs
• Switch translation language easily or tap on a word to translate it
• Get a translation of conjugated German verbs as well
• Your search history is saved, can be browsed through and is easy to delete
• Use wildcards to make your searches more effective: simply replace one or more letters by '?' or '*'
• Search for anagrams and through the entire text of the dictionary
• Additional tools: add favourites and customize the interface (e.g. colour and font size)
• Can be used in landscape mode
• Dutch interface
NB: This dictionary contains 105,096 entries, selected on the basis of everyday use. The app content is comparable to the combined content of Van Dale’s printed Dutch-German and German-Dutch Concise Dictionaries.
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too.
- Added iOS 8 Action extension: find words from within Safari!