### NOW WITH RETINA GRAPHICS FOR THE NEW IPAD! ###
Terminology is the perfect tool for anyone interested in honing their language. From writers working on the next great novel, to marketers crafting the perfect tagline.
Terminology is a browser for the English language. Part dictionary and part thesaurus, Terminology is designed to make it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms -- accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
### Terminology also available for the iPhone! ###
- Pleasant, book-like, readable interface.
- Offline use.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and other word relationships.
- Keep list of favorite words for quick access.
- History of terms browsed.
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Lookup words from Phraseology, Instapaper, Mr. Reader, Writing Kit and a growing list of other apps.
- Customizable font face and size.
- Customizable links to other reference and sharing apps.
- Customizable links to web resources for each term.
- #1 in the iPad Reference Category in US, Japan and 6 other countries.
- #25 in the iPad Top Paid Charts in US, #15 in Japan, Top 100 in over 20 countries.
- Listed in "New & Noteworthy", "What's Hot" and other App store feature sections.
4.5 out of 5 Mice
"Terminology is a good-looking app—replete with smart font choices, a pleasant minimalist look, and an eye-friendly color palette. If you want a dictionary on your iOS device, Terminology’s the one to pick."
"About as speedy and straightforward as a dictionary can be. Entries spring open instantly when tapped, and search results update dynamically as you type."
[Wired Magazine App Guide]
"I think I'll skip making the dictionary app. Terminology is too damn good. Everyone who said I should make it: go buy Terminology instead."
[Marco Arment, Instapaper](https://twitter.com/#!/marcoarment/status/59488958333190144)
"Using Terminology is like having that friend’s undivided attention as they help you find just the right word or turn of phrase that you’re looking for."
"4 1/2 out of 5 stars, ELEGANT"
"The features available in Terminology will make it one of your favorite Reference apps in no time."
"Terminology is lightning fast, has a great interface about it, and performs duties as a dictionary quite well. I would say it’s a completely safe buy, and...you should at least give it a try if you’re in need of a mobile dictionary."
"Terminology is an instant favorite for me on the iPad. It ticks off all the right boxes – a good, clear purpose, great design, and a pleasure to use."
August 2nd, 2010, [App of the Day](http://appoftheday.com/ipad/terminology)
Also, checkout [term.ly](http://term.ly), Terminology's online companion, providing an easy way to share words with short term.ly/word URLs.
Terminology's data is based on the Princeton University WordNet project. We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
- "Avenir Next" font added when running on iOS 6.
- Minor tweaks to searching and user interface.
Please contact us at email@example.com with issues/feedback!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 27, 2013
- Agile Tortoise
- 20.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (19)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (195)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Drafts 4 - Quickly Capture Notes, Share Anywhere!
• Phraseology - Text Editor with Writing Tools
• Tally - Quick Counter
• Terminology 3 - Extensible Dictionary and Thesaurus