This app was removed from the App Store.
RBC New Wild Garden
iOS iPad Reference
The RBC New Wild garden app is a new and beautiful way to explore one of the most exciting gardens at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2011. It introduces the themes and inspiration behind the design directed by award-winning landscape designer Nigel Dunnett. The RBC New Wild Garden will be RHS Chelsea's first full-scale "rain garden", designed to capture and use every single drop of rain that falls on it. The same team also collaborated on the recently opened RBC Rain Garden at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) London Wetland Centre as part of the RBC Blue Water Project. The RBC New Wild Garden brings together two major themes in British gardening in the last 100 years: the Arts and Crafts ideal - celebrating the artistic and painterly use of plants, combined with high quality and traditional craftsmanship, local materials and strong sense of place - and the wild garden - celebrating the beauty of nature, and the naturalistic use of garden plants. The rain garden element is in keeping with the goals of the RBC Blue Water Project, a wide-ranging, 10-year global commitment to help protect the world's most precious natural resource: fresh water.
- Introduction and background essay about the philosophy of the garden.
- Interactive map of the planting scheme and garden features.
- Detailed plant database of the RBC New Wild Garden.
- Information and links about rain gardens, green roofs and living walls.
- Project gallery.
- Several small bug fixes
- Spelling corrections
- Glitch where by the interactive map would sometimes forget what you were doing
- New splash screen