This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Reference
Encyclopedia provides complete copy of the Wikipedia encyclopedia on your iPhone/iPod - meaning no internet access is required to search and view articles. This app is the fastest and simplest way to browse Wikipedia - and it works in a plane, on top of a mountain, in a tunnel, and in other countries. (Or, if you're an iPod Touch user, whenever you don't have wifi.)
When you first launch Encyclopedia, you will be required to download a copy of the Wikipedia database, which will occupy about 170 MB of space on your device.
For frequently asked questions, please head to http://steamheavyindustries.com/faq.
• No internet access required
• Complete text of the language's Wikipedia*
• Instantaneous search of article titles
• Fully functional links between articles
• Navigation trail, so that you can easily engage in the usual whimsical Wikipedia browsing.
• "The only game in town" - ZDNet
• "One of the Seven Must-Have Offline Apps For Your iPhone/iPod Touch" - New York Times
• "It's the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy realised" - Desinformado
• "It was one of the reasons I bought an iPod touch" - Lennart N.
• "It's the best and most useful iPhone app I know" - Alexander C.
* Some parts of articles that aren't very useful on a mobile device (such as references) have been excluded, but all of the actual article text is preserved. In addition, only proper articles are downloaded - image descriptions, user profiles, etc., are not included.
• Improved navigation
• Multiple databases (foreign language dictionaries, copies of Wikipedia in foreign languages, Wikitravel) available in addition to Quechua
ADDITIONAL AVAILABLE DATABASES
Wikitravel Travel Guides:
• Spanish Wiktionary
• German Wikitionary
• Italian Wikitionary
• English Wikipedia
• Spanish Wikipedia
• German Wikipedia
• French Wikipedia
• Dutch Wikipedia
• Japanese Wikipedia
• Italian Wikipedia
• Irish Wikipedia