Merriam-Webster The Visual +
iOS iPad Reference
*** New - The Visual plus, now offers the pronunciation in five languages (English, French, Spanish, German and Italian). ***
A multilingual dictionary featuring over 8,000 high-definition images labeled and explained by 25,000 words in five languages that name and describe our contemporary world.
Showing, naming, explaining: these are the three functions of Merriam-Webster The Visual + dictionary, making it an indispensable tool for learning a foreign language or discovering the world around you.
With this new tablet app, get easy offline access* to the following content:
• 8,000 high-definition images covering 900 subjects from all areas of daily life;
• 25,000 words in five languages (English, French, Spanish, German and Italian);
• Concise definitions and encyclopedic notes in English and French offering even more meaning to the illustrated items;
Use the search engine to find a word in any of the dictionary’s five languages, or navigate intuitively in the tree-like structure of the 18 main themes to find the image you are looking for and all related terminology.
18 themes from a wide variety of fields help you find the right word, whatever the circumstance:
• Human being
• Food and kitchen
• Do-it-yourself and gardening
• Personal accessories and articles
• Arts and architecture
• Office automation
• Transport and machinery
• Sports and games
* No internet connection required, except for initial installation and updates.
"The Visual +" is a trademark of QA International.
"Merriam-Webster" is a trademark of Merriam-Webster, Inc. and is used under license.
Fixes for new iPad formats.