Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus
America's most useful and respected dictionary and thesaurus – with premium content and no ads.
In addition to all the definitions from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, and all the synonyms and antonyms from Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Thesaurus, the app offers voice search – to let you look up a word without having to spell it – example sentences, Word of the Day, Favorites, and more.
A great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The premium content includes over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Recents - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
* Biographic and Geographic entries
* Foreign words and phrases used in English
* Graphical Illustrations
* In this version we’ve added the full Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Thesaurus with more than 275,000 synonyms, antonyms, and related words.
* Full screen display in iPhone 5
* Fixed content and display errors
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 31, 2012
- Merriam-Webster, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (242)
- 34.9 MB