Merlin Bird ID by Cornell Lab of Ornithology
What’s that bird? Merlin Bird ID helps you solve the mystery. First, Merlin asks you a few simple questions. Then, almost like magic, it reveals the list of birds that best match your description. Pick your bird, then delve into more photos, sounds, and ID tips about your bird!
Merlin is fun and easy to use—whether you’re curious about a bird you’ve seen once or you’re hoping to identify every bird that comes to your feeder. The answers are waiting for you with this free app from the renowned Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
• Created for beginning and intermediate bird watchers, Merlin identifies the 400 most common bird species in the United States and Canada (excluding Hawaii).
• Intelligent results. No more scanning through hundreds of possibilities! Merlin shows the birds near you that fit your description.
• Customized location and date tools generate best answers for your neighborhood and time of year.
• Powered by eBird to deliver the most accurate results based on millions of sightings from bird watchers across North America.
• Enjoy more than 1,000 photos of birds, including males, females, and juveniles.
• Learn ID tips from Cornell Lab of Ornithology experts.
• Listen to beautiful bird songs and calls from the Cornell Lab’s Macaulay Library.
• It’s all free! The Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s goal is to help you and millions of others to learn about birds.
• Full content and features for 50 additional species for a total of 400.
• Network connection error message occurs less frequently.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 09, 2014
- Cornell University
- 607.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1246)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (2829)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• AHDC Mobile
• Budget Playground
• Cornell Dining Manage My Account
• Living Bird Magazine by Cornell Lab of Ornithology