Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English -5th Edition (LDOCE5)
Over 4500 five-star reviews for this UniDict® dictionary engine around the world
- ★★★★★ Thanks, we will keep up the good work.
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (5th Edition)
- For Advanced Learners (LDOCE5) © 2009
- Additions in 2011
Longman's flagship learner’s dictionary, is now available as an iOS application.
Improve your fluency in English with the most up-to-date learner's dictionary at your fingertips.
Now with integrated Thesaurus and Collocations Dictionary.
● 230,000 words, phrases and meanings - more than any other learner's dictionary
● 165,000 examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network show how English is really used
● 10,000 encyclopedic entries -people and places.
● Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words.
● Most frequent 3,000 words in spoken & written English, highlighted to show which are the most important to know
● Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
● The Academic Word List is highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
● Grammar and warning notes ensure that you avoid the most common errors.
● Integrated Collocations Dictionary. Over 80,000 collocations will improve your fluency.
● Integrated Thesaurus. Over 20,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve your vocabulary range.
♪ 86,000 pronunciation files —all headwords in both UK & US accents.
♪ another 86,000 recorded example sentences (via external links due to size)
Over 20GB of audio online!
Making this the largest resource of English available on ANY mobile platform!
● full content of the print dictionary
- PLUS additional collocations, synonyms & word histories
● complete front matter and additional resources
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● spelling suggestion dictionary included
● hyperlinking directly to meanings & appendices
● search on idioms and phrasal verbs
● search by synonym and "sign-post" meanings
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● Clipboard monitoring (iOS5)
● automatic history listing
● complete offline use (except for sentence sounds)
The ultimate learner's resource of the English language for use anywhere and anytime.
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Fifth Edition (LDOCE5)
© Pearson Education Limited 2009, 2011
Changes with this version:
◼ Adds secondary route for example sentence downloads.
◼ Last upgrade before version 5 and downloadable dictionaries.
User Review answers:
There is a "delete" button on the iPad version. For others a shake will clear the input field -much faster and takes up no space...
The red codes next to headwords show frequencies for written and spoken.
eg. W1 W2
See the explanation in About > How to use...
Mr. KFLESH (Taiwan)
There is a switch in settings to make it just like that.
Turn off "Save Search Word".
We usually only update once a month and when there is new functions or bugs to fix. UNLESS there is an OS update or new devices released
-all of which just happened in a short period. Sorry about that.
iCloud works for most people.
We will keep helping you with your issue, but support is the place to follow up about it.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 03, 2013
- Enfour, Inc.
- 771.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (37)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (394)