Inst. of the Christian Religion
1.'Go To' Feature for all the books: Ability to jump from 'book to book' and 'chapter to chapter' within a book.
2. Social Media features like Twitter and Facebook. Now you can post what you are reading about to your friends from within the App. You can also email from App.
3. Bookmark: This feature ensures that you never lose your place.
4. Notes: You can make and save your notes for future reference.
5. Font size: You can adjust the font size by using the font adjuster.
6. Search feature: You can Search for Keywords.
Institutes of the Christian Religion, 4 volumes by John Calvin. This 4 Volume in 1 classic by John Calvin covers the basic doctrines of Christianity and theology. 943 Pages.
The following is the chapter list of this book (to name just a few):
General index of chapters
Institutes of the Christian religion
Book first. - Of the Knowledge of God The Creator
Chapter 1. - The Knowledge Of God and Of Ourselves Mutually Connected. —Nature of the Connection
Chapter 2. - What It Is To Know God,—Tendency of this Knowledge
Chapter 3. - The knowledge of God naturally implanted in the human mind
Chapter 4. – The knowledge of God stifled or corrupted, ignorantly or maliciously
Chapter 5. – The knowledge of God conspicuous in the creation, and continual government of the world
Chapter 6. – The need of scripture, as a guide and teacher, in coming to God as a creator
Chapter 7. –The testimony of the spirit necessary to give full authority to scripture. The impiety of pretending that the credibility of scripture depends on the judgment of the church..
Chapter 8. – The credibility of scripture sufficiently proved in so far as natural reason admits
Chapter 9. –All the principles of piety subverted by fanatics, who substitute revelations for scripture
Chapter 10. – In scripture, the true God opposed, exclusively, to all the Gods of the heathen
Chapter 11. – Impiety of attributing a visible form to God.—the setting up of idols a defection from the true God
Chapter 12. – God distinguished from idols that he may
Be the exclusive object of worship
Chapter 13. – The unity of the divine essence in three persons taught, in scripture, from the foundation of the world
Chapter 14. – In the creation of the world, and all things in it, the true God distinguished by certain marks from fictitious Gods
Chapter 15. – State in which man was created. The faculties of the soul—the image of God—free will—original righteousness.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 03, 2012
- Vision for Maximum Impact, LLC
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 6.1 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Bible Scholar
• Bible Scholar Global
• Bible Scholar Interactive
• Bible Scholar Lite
• Bible Scholar Quiz
• Bible Scholar Quiz Pro
• Bible Scholar Ultimate
• Easton's Bible Dictionary
• Inst of the Christian Religion
• Institute of Christian Religion
• Intro. to the New Testament
• Introduction to the New Testament
• Matthew Henry Concise Commentary
• Matthew Henry Concise Commentary on Bible
• People's New Testament
• Peoples New Testament Commentary
• Smith's Bible Dictionary
• The Bible Scholar Interactive
• The Bible Scholar Quiz
• The Bible Scholar ULTIMATE
• Treasury of David 1 of 3
• Treasury of David 2 of 3
• Treasury of David 3 of 3
• Treasury of David Complete Set
• Treasury of David Vol. 1
• Updated KJV Bible
• Updated KJV Bible Free Version
• Updated King James Version Bible