APODViewer - view NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day
***** Whilst the US government is in shutdown, access to the latest APOD is severely limited and APODViewer will not work. Once the feed is re-enabled APODViewer will pick up where it left off. Sorry for any inconvenience but it is out of our hands *****
Here's what people say about APODViewer:
"A delight, a fantastic voyage, an education, and a joy for young and old..." - US App Store Review
"…the only APOD app that runs the video clips…" - T Clayton
"Beautiful and informative!" - US App Store Review
"Five Stars for best of show and responsive developer" - US App Store Review
Each day NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day Website (APOD) presents an astronomical image (also animations & movies) along with a description of the "picture" written by a professional astronomer. These images range from pictures of The Planets, the Sun, Moon, Galaxies, Nebula to astronomical phenomena here on Earth.
If you are an astronomy student, an enthusiast or just want to view beautiful images and discover and learn about the mysteries of the solar system, the planets and the universe around you, then APODViewer is for you. Never has astronomy been so easy and fun.
Don't forget to rate 5 stars. Ratings and reviewing enable us to keep the releases coming
APODViewer provides unique functionality to comparable app and provides the best iPhone interface to NASA’s Astronomy Picture of the Day Website (APOD).
*********** Highlights Include ***********
• Display detailed picture by cliking the image on the main view. In this mode double touch (or pinch) to zoom and scroll the image to reveal its detail.
• Read a detailed explanation of the image including clickable links to other web pages, all from within APODViewer
• Display and plays APOD Movies and animations directly from within the app - (unique functionality amongst all the APOD styled apps)
• Save the APOD as a PDF document to read later in an app like iBooks (or other app that can read PDFs) - (unique functionality)
• Email an APOD to a friend - includes image and explanation text
• Mark your Favorite APODS.
• Off Line access to saved Favorites - no network required!
• Keywords SEARCH of every APOD ever published - (unique functionality)
• Select an APOD by date from over 5000 published since 1995
• Random APOD - just give your iPhone/Touch a quick shake to display a new random APOD
• SAVE large (highest resolution) APOD image to your devices Photos app (where you can use it as Wallpaper or sync back to your machine).
• Portrait and landscape mode
NB If video does not load, it may be a restriction defined in the video itself. In these rare instances, we recommend using the Action button (bottom left), choosing "Show Original Website" and playing the video from there.
APODViewer requires an internet connection (GPRS or 3G recommended as some images can be large)
Permissions & Copyrights:
Explanation text written by Robert Nemiroff and Jerry Bonnell
All the images displayed on the APODViewer are credited to the owner or institution where they originated. Some of the images are copyrighted and to use these pictures publicly or commercially you must write to the owners for permission.
Help & Support:
PLEASE USE IN APP EMAIL FOR SUPPORT rather than request support via the app store/iTunes review system.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter : @apodviewer
• Fixes a bug with the PDF save as option so they can once again saved and opened in the iBooks app or other compatible apps.
• Other minor bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 07, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (68)
- 2.4 MB