iOS Universal Utilities
The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• Google Lens — Search what you see with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• iMessage extension — Search and share restaurants, GIFs, and more, without leaving your conversation.
• Search Google extension — While browsing in Safari, you can share a web page with Google to see suggestions for related content—no need to type anything new in the search box. Tap on the Search Google icon from Safari’s share menu to get started.
• Gboard — access Google Search, right from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emoji, and more—right from your keyboard, in any app. Tap “Gboard” in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget — find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
Introducing a redesigned Google Lens. New filters let you see specific results and actions, so you can search and get things done with your camera faster than ever:
• AUTO: search what you see, like plants, animals, and products—now with improved accuracy—plus look up books, movies, artwork, and more in a snap.
• TRANSLATE: translate words you see right from Lens, now with automatic language detection, and see the translations overlaid on the original text.
• TEXT: save time by scanning printed text to your phone, now with a new “Select all” button for faster copying.
• DINING: find out what’s popular on restaurant menus with dish highlights, plus calculate the tip on dining receipts.
• SHOPPING: see where you can buy similar products, or scan the barcode to find the exact item online.
Tap the Lens icon in the search box to try it out.
Lens now analyzes camera motion for more accurate results.