This app was removed from the App Store.
Duden, 2009 – The German Spelling Dictionary, 25th Edition
iOS Universal Reference
With about 135,000 keywords and over 500,000 examples, definitions and explanations of hyphenation, pronunciation, grammar, style levels and etymology, the current vocabulary of the German language has never before been presented in such a comprehensive manner. Duden recommendations provide assistance with several permissible types of spelling. The dictionary also contains several thousands of sound settings for correct pronunciation as spoken by professional speakers on the main German television channel. This comprehensive standard dictionary based on the current official regulations leaves no questions unanswered with respect to the German language.
Features of the dictionary:
• About 135,000 keywords based on the current official regulations
• More than 500,000 examples, definitions and explanations of hyphenation, pronunciation, grammar, style levels and etymology
• Several thousands of sound settings for correct pronunciation as spoken by professional speakers on the main German television channel
• Direct access to the respective rule of spelling
Powerful NEW SEARCH FEATURES – including FULL TEXT SEARCH – assures that any query yields precise search returns, ensuring you find the word you’re looking for quickly and easily.
The new Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently.
• Enter a query into the input field and Duden will automatically build a list of entries containing your query.
• Because Full text search supports ‘Did you mean…?’ function, users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard to view their correct spelling.
• Contextual menu.
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History can be browsed through or deleted in full.
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Dear owner of a standalone Duden dictionary app,
the standalone dictionary app(s) you have purchased are not compatible with iOS 8 and higher iOS versions. Please download the new update.Thank you.
• Added iOS 8 & iOS 9 support.
• Standalone app is no longer being updated.
• You can find new editions of the dictionary in the new 'Duden dictionaries' app.