Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus
Top-rated app with trusted reference content from Dictionary.com & Thesaurus.com. WORKS OFFLINE - no Internet connection needed when searching words.
• English Dictionary and Thesaurus - over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
• Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content
• Daily content, including Word of the Day, slideshows & the blog
• Audio pronunciations
• Example sentences
• Word origin & history
• Voice search (five free searches included)
• Medical Dictionary with over 35,000 medical words & definitions available as a premium upgrade
• Science Dictionary with over 23,000 science definitions & illustrations available as a premium upgrade
• Translator with over 30 languages, perfect for ESL and reliable translations into English
• Modern, up-to-date English definitions & content
• Customizable font sizes for better readability
• Favorite words
• Search history
• Spelling suggestions
• Popular & local trending searches
Tip: To turn Word of the Day notifications on or off, go to Settings > Notifications > Dictionary and toggle On or Off.
-FREE advanced Learner’s Dictionary provides additional content for English learners, or anyone looking for more context.
-In order to save room on your device, the Offline Dictionary is now optional. Download the Offline Dictionary from the Settings screen.
-Siri is now able to read the definitions out loud.
-Various improvements and bug fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 17, 2014
- Dictionary.com, LLC
- 14.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (1820)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (191927)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus Premium
• Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus for iPad
• Dictionary.com Premium Dictionary & Thesaurus for iPad
• Flashcards by Dictionary.com
• GRE by Dictionary.com
• Learning to Read with Zoo Animals by Dictionary.com
• Miss Spell's Class
• SAT by Dictionary.com
• Thesaurus Rex by Dictionary.com
• Word Dynamo - Flashcards & Word Games by Dictionary.com