This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Reference
This British Heraldry app is one of the best resources for British Family coat-of-arms or family crests, anywhere!
For centuries, families have proudly displayed their Family Coat of Arms. It is a mark of who they are and where they come from. It represents history, tradition and a proud heritage.
On this app you get:
• To view over 3100 British Family Coat of Arms
• An easy to navigate alphabetical surname menu
• Beautifully represented hand drawn images for more feel and authenticity
• Full color family crests with Oldh font
• Crests are shown printed on beautiful aged paper
• Image can be saved to phone as screen background
• Brief description of the most common symbols used in Heraldry.
• Examples of Gifts that can be created using family crests.
• Link to Irish website where you can get your crest printed on products and personalized with names, dates and messages - unique, cherished gifts.
It is important to be aware that there may be more than one family crest for the same name. This is also complicated by the the spelling variation of similar sounding names, example: Dobyns became Dobins. As such this list continues to grow and we are constantly updating the App.
For a list of current names included in App see
Use the Surname search Feature - if its on that its on the App.
If you don't see your surname listed here - please use contact form and it will be included in the next update.
IF WE DON'T HAVE IT... WE WILL ADD IT!
This app is a great gift for those with British surnames or interested in Heraldry and family history.
We hope you enjoy this app and would appreciate your feed back. Thank you.
Hi, This is a MAJOR update...
• More than 200 extra names added
• You can now send your family crest by email or post to your facebook page
• NEW - Send iPhone cards by email or post to your facebook page (Will new cards on a regular basis)
• NEW - Refresh button - due to the frequency of adding new names, I've added a Refresh button so that you don't have to be updating the App on a regular basis. This way the content can always be fresh and you won't have to download from App store again.
I'd appreciate feedback on above features and welcome any suggestions.