Audubon Bird Guide: Owls - A Field Guide to North American Owls
iOS Universal Education
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
Introducing Audubon Owls, a fun-filled, interactive guide to the 19 owl species of North America. Featuring everything you need to know about owls, the app goes in-depth with species descriptions, audio of calls, range maps, up-to-date reference material and much more. Audubon Owls also includes games, puzzles, quizzes, and videos, with a special video, Owl in the Vineyard, all designed to enhance and test your knowledge of one of the most intriguing bird species on earth.
• Puzzles, quizzes, and videos to in increase your owl knowledge
• In-depth descriptions of every North American Owl, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, behavior and more.
• Owl songs and calls for every audible owl in North America
• High-quality professional photographs depicting each species in their natural habitat
• Range Maps
• Five video segments with intriguing owl info plus great owl footage
• Identify a sighting with unprecedented accuracy. Search for an owl using multiple new variables including wing shape, locomotion, song type, and song pattern. Also search by size, region, color, and more.
• Browse by shape, name (first, last, scientific), or by family
• Navigate the app with ease thanks to an advanced and intuitive interface. • Sync on demand to update new species information as it is added to our database, including photos, range maps, bird songs and calls, more
• Use the app on your iPhone or iTouch anywhere, anytime. No internet connection necessary.
• Join our online field guide community of nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts at AudubonGuides.com
• Interact, post and share sightings, photos, tips, opinions and more
• Read the blogs for insights from our naturalists in the field
• Send us your suggestions, comments or requests. We also welcome submissions of high quality photography of birds and other species. You can contact us directly by selecting "Feedback" in the "More" section of the application.
Visit www.audubonguides.com for more on our apps.
•Updated Facebook library.
•Adjusted resources for iPhone6/6+
•Fixed Location issues.
•Edit your NatureShare post or your Comments right from within the app.
•Removed log-in requirement from app opening—you will be prompted to log in to NatureShare only when you press a ‘login required’ feature.
•Smaller, easier-to-install app optimized for size and performance.
•Download Packs that allow you to download only the content you want before going in to the field.
•Donate to the National Audubon Society with a few easy clicks and support our conservation mission.