Yoink - Improved Drag and Drop
iOS Universal Productivity
Yoink for iPad and iPhone lets you easily and quickly store items you drag, copy or share, for later use.
This way, you can collect items in a central place without having to constantly move back and forth between your source- and destination applications.
The app accepts almost anything you can drag on your iPad, for example app-content like images from websites, text snippets, web urls, eMails and documents.
As a Slide-Over or Side-by-Side app on iPad, Yoink is always ready for you to drag something to it, no matter what app you're in. Just slide Yoink into view and conclude your drag operation.
On iPhone, use Yoink's Share extension, or copy-paste items into Yoink.
Items are stored in Yoink for later use, featuring rich previews for easy identification and full previews for most file types.
Drags containing multiple items are combined into a Stack.
Yoink comes with deep system integration:
- Action Extension:
Almost any item you can share via the system-wide Share sheet, you can send directly to Yoink from there
Yoink has its own keyboard so that inserting items you've stored in Yoink is easy and quick, without having to launch Yoink.
- Spotlight Integration
Any item in Yoink can be found via Spotlight - and the search-results are draggable.
- Files Integration
Access Yoink's files from any app that supports iOS 11's document browser
New Features in Yoink v1.1:
- Clipboard Integration
When you open Yoink and have something new on your clipboard, Yoink will automatically offer to store it for you.
(Tap the icon to see a full preview before adding, and check Yoink's Settings for customizing this feature to your needs)
- Download URLs
When sharing a URL with Yoink through its new Action extension in a Share sheet, Yoink offers you to either store the URL itself in Yoink or to download the file the URL points to in the background. An optional notification can inform you about finished or failed downloads.
- Today Widget
Using Yoink's Today Widget, you have quick access to the most recent items stored in Yoink and are able to quickly store your clipboard's contents in Yoink
- Quicker Sharing, Copying
Each item and stack in Yoink now has a button you can tap to quickly copy, share, select, delete and more
- Better iPhone support, full support for iPhone X
Quick Actions for quickly adding your clipboard contents from your home screen, or to start a URL download
Peek and Pop for items and stacks in Yoink
- URL scheme
You can now communicate with Yoink from other apps using Yoink's URL scheme. For more information, please visit https://eternalstorms.at/yoink/ios/tips (Tip #6)
- File Provider
Access files stored in Yoink from any app that supports iOS 11's documents browser
Improvements in Yoink v1.1:
- Improved Keyboard Extension
Smaller memory footprint, Stacks on iPhone are split up so individual files can be copied, better feedback when copying items on iPhone
On iPad, items in the keyboard can now also be copied, by tapping on them with two fingers
- Drag items ontop one another to create stacks more easily
- Improved iPhone texts and instructions, as well as general "iPhone awareness" in Yoink
- Yoink does not attempt to create previews of URLs anymore that do not lead to html/text websites (like PDFs or zip files, for example) to be more memory-friendly
- Overall memory performance improvements in Yoink's extensions and the main app
- "Never delete" preference
Additional to the options of immediately deleting trashed files or trashing them after a certain amount of time has passed, you can now select to never automatically delete items in Yoink's trash
- For RTF-only items, Yoink now also tries to create a plaintext representation
- When editing, instead of having a menu for sharing and copying, those buttons are now immediately available
- Spotlight now indexes text items, and for items contained in a stack the stack's title
- Re-implemented Action extension
Instead of having to confirm adding something to Yoink, it's now added right away. As stated above, it also recognizes URLs and offers you to download the files URLs point to.
Other improvements and bug fixes in Yoink v1.1:
- Fixed known crashes
- Fixed a bug where Apple Music URLs sometimes wouldn't work properly
- Fixed a bug where an Apple Music URL to a song would open as a link to its album in Yoink
- iPad: Asking for a review now only happens when Yoink is fullscreen
- Fixed a bug where some plain text items didn't work properly
- Fixed a bug where renaming items with a hardware keyboard attached wasn't possible
- Fixed a bug where deleting a Stack from within the Stack didn't work correctly
- Fixed the Splash Screen layout in some cases
- The representations view now resizes properly for longer localizations like German
- Fixed a crash when selecting a search result in Spotlight that wasn't available anymore in Yoink
- Yoink's Action extension no longer appears in 1Password prompts
- Fixed a couple of typos
- Fixed some drawing in Yoink's keyboard extension
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a type selection would be shown, even though there was only one type to select
- Matt, email@example.com