WritePad is a text editor for iPhone that utilizes advanced handwriting recognition input for the English language as well as iPhone keyboard for text entry, and includes spell checker, context analyzer, and standard editing operations such as copy, cut, paste, etc. WritePad’s primary handwriting recognition-based input method integrated with the text editor and developed specifically for iPhone and iPod Touch. It recognizes cursive, PRINT, and mixed handwriting styles.
To enter the text you can simply write with your finger or a stylus (such as AluPen by just|mobile) on the iPhone screen in either landscape or portrait mode employing your own handwriting style. It also allows easily switching between the handwriting recognition and the standard iPhone keyboard.
In the beginning the recognition quality may depend on your style and how comfortable you feel writing on the iPhone screen with your finger; however the more you use it, the better it will become as the software will adapt to your patterns. In addition, you can use simple finger gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, insert special characters such as space and return, invoke the spell checker for the selected word, correct recognized text, and more. You can further improve recognition quality by modifying the user dictionary and the Autocorrector word list.
The Shorthand feature offers a quick and simple way to insert often-repeated text and performs standard editing commands by writing the Shorthand name and drawing a circle around it. You can add new or modify Shorthands using the Shorthand Editor.
With WritePad you can create text documents and store them on your iPhone. The built-in HTTP server allows you to exchange files between iPhone devices connected to the same WiFi network, or to upload files onto the desktop PC using the Internet browser. You can also send emails directly from WritePad and use copy/paste to transfer text between WritePad and other applications. In addition, you can use the built-in interface to the Bing Translator to convert your documents to other languages.
Benefits and Features
* Create, view, and modify text documents.
* Use advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPhone keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
* Organize WritePad documents in the hierachical folder structure and search documents for characters or words.
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Box, Dropbox, SkyDrive, Evernote, iCloud, and iTunes.
* Select, cut, copy, and paste text between different files
* Send text files via email or transfer files from (to) another iPhone.
* Improve your productivity by using built-in spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
* Use built-in HTTP file server to exchange text files between device and desktop computer.
* Translate your documents to other languages using built-in support for Bing Translator.
Document Synchronization support:
- Google Drive
- iTunes (direct to PC)
- WiFi (direct to device)
Supported Handwriting Recognition Languages:
-English (UK, US)
-Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal)
UI translated to the following languages:
*7.1: Cumulative WritePad update containing numerous improvements based on user’s feedback, including improved startup wizard, new options, indexed user dictionary and Autocorrector word lists, and support for different text encodings.
* WritePad redesigned for iOS 7.0
* Faster handwriting recognition and real-time recognizer alternatives
* All supported languages are not included with price
* Simplified application Settings
* New Writing Pad styles
* Significantly reduced application size
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 02, 2014
- Stan Miasnikov
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (48916)
- 22.6 MB