iOS iPhone Productivity
Seeing AI is a free app that narrates the world around you. Designed for the blind and low vision community, this ongoing research project harnesses the power of AI to open up the visual world and describe nearby people, text and objects.
Optimized for use with VoiceOver, the app enables you to recognize:
•Short Text - Speaks text as soon as it appears in front of the camera.
•Documents - Provides audio guidance to capture a printed page, and recognizes the text, along with its original formatting.
•Products - Scans barcodes, using audio beeps to guide you; hear the name, and package information when available. (works with iPhone 6 and later)
•People - Saves people’s faces so you can recognize them, and get an estimate of their age, gender, and emotions.
•Scenes (early preview) - Hear an overall description of the scene captured.
•Currency - Recognizes currency notes. (Requires iOS 11)
•Color - Identifies color.
•Handwriting - Reads handwritten text like in greeting cards
•Light - Generates an audible tone corresponding to the brightness in the surroundings.
•Images in other apps - Just tap “Share” and “Recognize with Seeing AI” to describe images from Mail, Photos, Twitter, and more.
Seeing AI is built to help you achieve more by leveraging the power of the cloud and artificial intelligence. As the research progresses, more channels may be added.
Check out tutorials with this YouTube playlist: http://aka.ms/SeeingAIPlaylist
Visit http://SeeingAI.com for more details
Recently honored with Helen Keller Achievement Awards from American Foundation for the Blind.
Available in 35 countries including the U.S., Canada, European Union, U.K., Australia, India, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore. Coming soon to more countries.
Languages supported – English
Supported on iPhone 5C, 5S and later; best performance with iPhone 6S, SE and later models.
Questions, feedback or feature requests? Email us at seeingai @ microsoft.com.
• Improved recognition of Euro notes.
• Optimizations to the Colour channel.
• Fixes a bug which would cause the app to crash on older devices in certain locales.
Changes in the previous update:
• Seeing AI is now available in 35 countries, including the European Union.
• There are four new channels:
(1) Currency: Recognize US and Canadian dollars, British Pounds, and Euros.
(2) Color: Recognize the color of objects.
(3) Light: Detect how much light is in the environment.
(4) Handwriting: Recognize handwritten text.
• You can now have the document read aloud, even if not using VoiceOver. The text will be highlighted and zoomed so you can track what is being spoken.
• You can also change the size of text in the document.
• On the Person channel, you can now use the front-facing camera to take a selfie.
• You can now select the voice, and adjust the speed of speech, even if not using VoiceOver.
• In the previous version, we added a 3D shortcut menu; you can now choose which channels appear in that list.
• When a new version is released, you will be shown the list of new features when you next launch the app.