OmniFocus 2 (legacy support edition)
iOS iPhone Productivity
Thank you for your interest in OmniFocus 2! We encourage anyone considering OmniFocus to purchase our universal app rather than this iPhone-only app. The universal app adds new features and is designed for all iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
The universal app is the same price as this iPhone-only app, but it’s a better deal.
This app is still in the App Store so we can continue to offer updates to our existing customers, and so they can use Complete My Bundle to switch to the universal app without having to pay full price.
If you're a new customer considering OmniFocus, we encourage you to follow the Related Apps links to our universal OmniFocus 2 app (the one with a black checkmark on the icon, rather than this one with the white checkmark).
If you've been using OmniFocus 2 for iPhone and would like to start using OmniFocus on your Apple Watch or iPad, you can use Complete My Bundle with the OmniFocus Legacy Support Bundle to get full credit for your existing investment in OmniFocus. (If you previously purchased OmniFocus 2 for iPad, you don't even need to Complete My Bundle! Check your Purchased apps: the universal update is free.)
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
OmniFocus 2.19 introduces a new attachment storage and sync system. To migrate to the new system you’ll need to be running OmniFocus 2.19 or later on all of your iOS devices and OmniFocus 2.9 or later on all of your Macs. Once all of your syncing devices are running a version that supports the new system, you’ll be prompted to migrate your database.
• Attachments — Starting with v2.19 (iOS) and 2.9 (Mac), OmniFocus stores attachments separately from the items that contain them, resulting in improved performance and storage efficiency. Once all of your syncing devices are running a version that supports the new attachments, you’ll be prompted to migrate your database.
• Attachments List — A new Attachments row is availabe in Settings, where you can view all of your attachments in the same place (sorted by date added or size), quickly get to the item(s) that reference them, and remove attachments you no longer need.
• Sync — OmniFocus now handles the DAV 207 multi-status responses returned by NGINX in its default configuration with the nginx-extras APT package.
• Device List — Added information to the list in Sync Settings to make it easier to tell which of your devices are connected.
• Encryption — We now offer to immediately re-upload and re-encrypt your database when you change your encryption passphrase.
• Settings — Added a > to the Clean Database row (this row is visible only when your database contains a large number of completed items) so that it’s clearer that another screen will tell you what the feature actually does.
• Localizations — Updated Localizations.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
148Apps —OmniFocus 2 for iPhone Review